Chapter 34

Chapter 34

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

My eyes opened slightly, letting in a large amount of light. The light was white and it hels small flecks of gold flying around. My eyes blinked once, twice, then a third. My eyes floated around and took view of the room I was in. The walls were solid white marble with small carvings of egyptian symbols. I slowly stood up and began to read the walls. It read: "The hall of my beloved Bastet the Protector of Pharoah's". I smiled lightly and ran my fingers in the inscription.

"Welcome home Bastet" I heard a very feminin voice say from behind me. "We have missed your presence here"

I slowly turned around and my eyes instantly locked on the female. I instantly knew her to be Isis.

"Hello...Isis" I said softly and surprisingly taken back by my voice, well the voice of Bastet.

"I was told to come and fetch you when you woke up" Isis said as she took my hand.

I remained silent and allowed Isis to take me away. We didn't bother to speak and so we didn't since there was nothing to talk to her about. My sences were completely aware of my surroundings. I could smell the sweet jasmin aroma in the air and I could hear various strong voices. One voice in perticular I could recognize as Ra. Isis stood by a pair of large stone doors and waited as two large men opened the door. The voices stopped as I entered the room. I could see people all sitting in golden thrones as they watched me with proud smiles.

"Welcome home my dearest Bastet" I heard Ra speak loudly and proudly.

I smiled shyly. "Thank you...Ra" I said quietly as I bowed my head in respect.

"It is a pleasure to have you here with us again Bastet...but I must admit...you have disapointed me by taking foolish choices....everyone please leave me with Bastet...there is a matter in which we must speak about" Ra said sternly.

The people in the rom soon evaquated the grand room leaving me alone to the mercy of Ra. The large stone doors closed loudly behind us loudly. The sound of slammed doors echoed in the large room.

"What is it that you wished to speak to me?" I asked in a serious tone.

"I wanted to speak to you about your choices in life...and I did not create you to be someone weak, debilitated, decrepit, feeble, flaccid, flimsy, hesitant, infirm, powerless, independable, and wasted...I created you for so much greatness Bastet...and here you are standing before me not even the same person you once were back then...I do not need an explanation from you Bastet...I have been watching you for all your life and I have been most dissapointed in you...you are a strong woman with the heart of many wild cats and you've allowed yourself to fall weak at the presence of man"

"I couldn't help it Ra...it wasn't my fault...I am not meant to be an anti-social creature...my heart has choosen its mate and I can't refuse him"

"That isn't the matter Bastet...I created you to be someone strong and noble...but you have taken by an opposite...it is a grave mistake...and thus I begin the subject of your supposed mate...given the time he will grow tired of you and fall for another Bastet"

"And how do you know that?" I asked.

"Because...I have seen it...and you as someone strong and intelligent should fight for what you believe in"

"Was that why you sent me that weird message in my dream?" I asked.

"Yes...you see Bastet...this girl will capture your mates heart and take him...your dream was a small glimps of the future and if you do not remove your solution then you shall ultimately suffer"

"But killing someone isn't good...I mean my mate will hate me even more if I do harm her wouldn't he?"

"It doesn't matter right now Bastet...just be sure to keep your mind open and aware of this girl..keep your mates attention...and on another note...stay strong as you were created Bastet" Ra said as he turned to sit down on his throne. "You are my daughter after all"

I smiled lightly. "You are Bastet's father...but you are not Katelyn's father" I laughed lightly.

"Go now...return to your room and sleep because when you awaken you shall be returned to your own time" Ra said as the large doors opened again.

I bowed my head and walked out of the room. I followed my steps back to the room where I was originally was. Once I stepped inside the room I could feel sleep wash over my eyes. I slowly laid my body down on the soft bed and sleep instantly took over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't know what to do Juan...Kat's been asleep for a month now...I'm scared...and Jake is getting pretty anxious and worried" I could hear Adrian's worried voice. "Should we call for a doctor?"

"No...we can't...we have to trust Kitty on this one" Juan said reasuring her.

My breathing grew harder and unpredictable, it was enough to make Adrian panic. I heard a light moan escape my lips after my eyes fluttered open.

"Kat!" I heard Adrian shout as she jumped up and threw her arms around me. "Oh my goodness...you're awake!"

"Yeah Adrian...god can you ket me go I need to breathe" I stated.

"Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry!" Adrian said quickly before letting me go.

"Welcome back Kitten" Juan said as he ruffled my hair.

I watched as Juan left the room with Adrian behind him. I smiled lightly when I noticed that Adrian looked a bit bigger. I slowly got up from the bed and looked at a nearby calender and it was confirmed. It was November 29th. I have been asleep for a month or more, I guess when I heard Adrian and Juan speaking about it they weren't kidding.

I gathered together a change of clothes and went straight to the bathroom to take a needed shower. I had to see Jake. When I finished my shower I had brushed my teeth several times and towel dried my newly washed hair. I quickly dressed myself and went out.

The very first person I wanted to see was Jake. I quickly ran all the way to his house, being thankful that it wasn't raining. When I made it to his house I wasn't out of breathe which was normal for me. I quickly knocked on his door but there was no answer. I knocked again and this time waited a bit. Billy had answered the door. When he looked at me his face grew pale as if he saw a ghost.

"Billy? Are you alright?" I asked.

"K-Katelyn? You're here? Why?" Billy asked.

"I'll tell you later Billy...where's Jake?" I asked.

"He's in the garage"

"Thank you Bily" I said as I quickly ran away.

I ran to the back of the house and went straight for Jake's garage. I could hear voices from the inside and I was a bit curious, but I chose to ignore the voices and I quickly showed up at the door and knocked lightly to get Jake's attention. I could see Jake"s eyes widen as he looked at me. I could see Embry and Quil in the back of the room with Jake.

"Kat..." I heard Jake whisper softly as he slowly stood up.

"Well...we're just gonna go..." Embry said awkwardly as he pulled Quil out of the small garage.

Jake quickly ran to me and wrapped his arms around me and pressed his lips hard around mine.

"Kat! You had me worried about you what was going on? Were you that sick? Why didn't Adrian tell me!" Jake started rambling on.

"Jake...I'm fine...I promise" I said quietly.

"I know that you're fine now...but what about the next time Kat? What about the next time that you're hurt and you won't tell me? Will you tell me when you are?" Jake asked.

"Of course Jake...I'll tell you...I love you Jake...I'd do anythong for you" I said quickly not knowing fully what I said.

"You love me?" Jake asked.

My face instantly turned red when I realized what I said.

"Yeah..."I whispered out.

I could see a smile form on Jake's face. "I love you too Kat" Jake said catching me completely off gaurd with a passionate kiss. "But please don't keep secrets from me...what's going on? I know somethings going on because Adrian was acting strange...will you tell me your secrets?" Jake asked.

I sighed and shook my head. "I can't Jake...you'll learn soon alright?"