Chapter 39

Chapter 39

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

Its been four weeks and not much has changed, except for Adrian slowly getting better. She allowed Alex to stay with us. Jake wasn't ignoring me for Bella anymore, he kept to his word which made me very happy. Adrian had Alex enrolled in one of Fork's few middle schools, and throughout these four weeks I had been personally teaching Alex about the ways of a mau and he seemed like a very talented kitten. Although he was still young, he was still a strong lion.

On another set of news, Bella was slowly breaking out of her shell which I didn't care at all. Another thing, Embry had missed a few days of school and he had been in his home for two days now. I am thoroughly convinced that he will be going through the transformation soon, and I was there to help him. I was sitting inside Embry's room watching him sleep , his fever had gotten low and he was getting better.

It didn't take long for him to wake up and wonder what the hell was I doing in his room. When I didn't answer him he got mad too easily. So I quickly went outside in the back and met up with Sam. It was then and there that Embry blew a casket because he was upset that Sam was here. Long story short, it didn't take Embry very long to transform into a shaggy gray wolf with dark spots.

I laughed at how long his coat was because of his long hair. Embry grew angrier and angrier, but Sam quickly maintained him. When Embry phased back into his human form he quickly tried to cover himself which made me laugh more because I thought it was amusing.

"Embry you do know that it's a waste of time to try and cover yourself seeing as how nudity between all of us isn't private...you're going to get used to it you know" I stated.

Embry turned into many shades of red. Alex was smiling in slight amusement at Embry, but then he tossed a pair or cut off jeans. Embry didn't waste much time in putting them on. I smiled lightly before taking Embry's hand and dragging him inside his house so Sam could explain the story.

"Now Embry...about the hair...it's gonna have to go...or else you're going to have serious problems" I stated.

"What?" Embry said clearly disappointed. "Why?"

"Haven't you felt the weight of your hair? It's going to be hard for you to move with all that hair" I stated.

Embry began to think about his hair for a few seconds but then agreed to it. I smiled and took the scissors and began to trim off Embry's long hair. After a while he was finished and to be honest he looked a lot better with short hair than with long.

"There...now don't you look handsome" I stated as I held out a mirror for Embry to see himself.

Embry remained silent for a while but then spoke up.

"So...are you like me Katelyn?" Embry asked.

I laughed lightly and shook my head.

"Different than you..." I said.

"Does Jake know?" Embry asked.

"No.....he doesn't know..." I whispered quietly. "But he will know soon" I said as I stood up and fixed my hair.

"What do you mean?" Embry asked.

"Oh...simply stating that Jake's next...he will be the next to change" I said quietly.

"So what are you?" Embry asked.

"Wow...why not change your name to Emily? You ask as many questions as she does" I stated.

Embry blushed lightly before collecting himself.

A few hours of explaining things to Embry things were settles down when we went to Emily's house. There the boys had a blast eating to their hearts content. I was simply satisfied with a small muffin seeing as how I didn't need to eat as much as the boys.

"So...tomorrow...we have to initiate Embry into our little group" Paul stated.

I smiled. "Cliff diving...great" I stated feeling excited already.

Embry's questions were answered about initiation and it was planned for tomorrow.