Chapter 17

Chapter 17

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

I spent nearly five hours sleeping upstairs in my room. When I woke up I took a quick shower and headed downstairs once I finished dressing myself. I could see Juan inside the kitchen making
himself a sad breakfast which I could smell it was already burning and about to catch in fire.

I sighed and grabbed the skillet and threw it in the sink with cold water. Juan flinched slightly when he heard the skillet sizzling wildly and saw steam rise rapidly. I rolled my eyes and pushed Juan out of the kitchen, this is why most men don't cook.

"Stay out of the kitchen please Juan...I'll make you something you know all you had to do was wake me up and I could have made you something" I stated.

"I didn't want to wake you...you looked pretty tired and I thought I could make myself a decent breakfast"

I laughed lightly and slowly shook my head. Juan just laughed along with me before he took his keys from the counter.

"Lets go get some breakfast just is two...besides I have news for you...good news actually" Juan stated proudly.

"Good news? Really? Well then what are we waiting for?" I said as I walked out of the door with Juan walking behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't long until I found myself sitting on a chair waiting for Juan's good news. We were eating silently but when we had finished I saw a smile on Juan's face.

"So I got a job...well that job at the repair shop that you told me to apply for...well I got it!" Juan stated.

I smiled lightly. "So is this the news?" I asked.

"Well yes...and there another.....but...I'm going to have to wait for Adrian so we could tell you together" Juan said.

I nodded my head and my mind began to wonder but was brought back to reality when out waiter came by with the check. I could see his smirk crawl on his face as he looked at me with lust filled eyes. I only scoffed and looked away from the hormonally crazed teen. Juan paid for the check and we went outside.

"So...how about we catch a movie?" Juan asked.

"A movie?...in the morning? I don't think so" I laughed out lightly.

Juan had a stern and serious look on his face. "Why not? Come on Kitty...when have I spent quality time with my favorite niece? Your either trapped in the hospital...in school...or walking in the forest...actually scratch school you're hardly there which has been a real problem" Juan said as he sighed out.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yea"

"Well its a shame then"

"So how about that movie to kill time?" Juan suggested.

I giggled slightly. "Sure...why no-"

"Katelyn!" I was interrupted by someone calling my name. "Well if it isn't my little kitty kat...what you doing here alone?" I turned around and faced Paul with Jared.

"Ok Paul lets get things straight...I'm not alone and I'm not your kitty kat" I said as I held a smirk on my lips.

"Hey Katelyn" Jared said quietly as he held interest in my eyes.

"Hello Jared...nice to know that most people have manners to say hello correctly" I said before turning around to Juan.

"Hey Kate...how's about we go to the movies tonight?" Paul asked.

"Paul...if I rejected your other invites what makes you think that I will accept this one?" I asked.

"Because this time you don't have a choice...you see Jared ad Kim are going and I don't want to be a third wheel and go with them so I am asking you to go with me...so what do you say?"

"No" I said bluntly before walking away.

I heard Paul growl softly under his breathe as he roughly grabbed my hand. Juan gave him a serious glare but Paul ignored it completely. I looked at Paul's hand before snatching it off.

"Look Paul...if you want me your going to have to work harder for me...but in the mean time I will walk away and you will go back to where ever you came from and pretend that you didn't see me today alright" I stated.

"But why can't you come with me...it's just a movie....please?" Paul pressed.

"Actually Katelyn can't go to the movies with you Paul she promised me yesterday" I heard another voice add.

I turned around hearing the voice that belonged to Jacob. My mind instantly melted away. I felt completely overwhelmed with his presence alone. I saw Paul shake slightly and stand straight over Jake with so much authority. I quickly turned around to Juan and gave him a warning glare.

"Juan...why don't you go on home...I'm going to stay here with Jake...is that alright?" I asked.

Juan nodded his head with no hesitation and left quickly. I turned to Paul and Jake and saw them glaring at each other. Paul's body was shaking and I could see Jared trying to pull him away. I quickly took Jake's arm and pulled him slightly to get his attention. It wasn't until I saw a third body come out way. This man was the third wolf that I smelt in La Push, Jake instantly turned to this man and avoided his dark eyes.

"Paul...lets go...there's no need to cause trouble" The man said before turning to Jacob. "Billy has been looking for you Jake...you should get home"

"Sure thing..." Jake said quietly before taking my hand and quickly walking away from the wolves.