Chapter 64

Chapter 64

~Katelyn's P.O.V. ~

My body went numb as soon as I saw a bright flashing light. I knew it could only be one thing; Ra was calling out to me. When I felt my soul being pulled to the heavens I felt no more pain. It was all gone. I woke up in my room, but I wasn’t alone. Ra was standing at my bedside with a serious look to him. I bowed my head in respect to my mighty father before I got off the bed.

“Ra…it’s so nice to see you again” I said in a humble tone.

“It is indeed...I called to you to ease your pain Bastet…I also wanted to speak to you…you have been acting rather foolish…I’ve been watching you and your behavior is unacceptable Bastet…you are a goddess and you’ve fallen so low as to fall victim to your unfaithful soul mate”

“I apologize father…I’ve disappointed you once again”

“No…you have not disappointed me yet…but you are to be punished for what if festering and growing within your very womb”

“Punishment? What kind of punishment?” I asked.

“It will be decided very soon…but you will stay here until it has been decided" Ra said as he walked out of my room making sure the door behind him was closed.

I waited until I was completely alone to panic. I was pacing back and forth in my room I simply wanted to know the punishment I was about to take. Hours have passed and still nothing, I lied down in my bed and counted backwards from one hundred. When I got to 35 there was a knock on my door. I jumped up feeling completely nervous and went straight to the door. The person at the door was none other than Isis.

“You are wanted Bastet” Isis said as she walked away.

I cautiously followed her until I was in the main room with all of the gods and goddesses. Isis took her place with the goddesses and I stood standing right in the middle. Ra did not bother to invite me to take my seat beside him. I took a deep breath and waited for someone to speak.

“We have decided Bastet” Ra stated.

My eyes opened wide and I watched as he slowly stood on his feet.

“What is my punishment my father?” I asked quietly.

“It is not for me to decide…I have chosen Anubis to admit your punishment…Anubis if you please” Ra said.

I watched as Anubis stood up and walked towards me. My eyes were laid on his head; it was the form of a fearful jackal. I ignored his head and kept my head up. Anubis stopped and faced me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“You are to lose one of your unborn children” Anubis stated in an emotionless tone.

My eyes widened and I stared intently at Anubis and then Ra. I shook my head and placed my children. I felt another hand on my back and I turned to see Osiris.

“Come Bastet” Anubis said as he bound both my hands.

Osiris took my bound hands and pulled me away. I struggled around and tried to get away but Anubis quickly restrained me. Isis slowly made her way to me and placed her hand on my head and smiled lightly.

“Do not worry Bastet… it will all be over very soon” Isis said and then she began chanting her words filled with magic.

My eyes widened as I heard Isis and her harmful words. I tried to resist her but I couldn’t. I could feel my mind going blank and my body going numb. It wasn’t long for my eyesight faded to black and for my body to fall victim to Anubis and my punishment.

I woke up tied down on a stone table. I looked around and saw Anubis holding a small ball of light. My eyes widened when I noticed that the small ball of light was one of my unborn children. Anubis smiled and vanquished the light in his hands before looking at me.

“It is done” Anubis said and he walked out of the room.

My eyes swelled up with tears and I cried to myself. I could not lose my other one. I had to protect it. Ra slowly entered the room and carefully untied me. He brushed his hands across my face and gave me a sad look.

“This was only for your own good Bastet…you are not aware of what kind of monster is festering and growing within your very womb…think of this punishment as a gift from me to you…you would have died conceiving both…now listen to my words Bastet…go home and resolve your problems…if you do not resolve your problems then you will lose your last child…and this time I will not be the one admitting the punishment…it will be your soul mate who will deliver your punishment”

Ra left the room and I continued to cry. I cradled myself and cried silently. I was alone and that gave me time to think of how I would resolve my issues…I had to do what was best. I have to tell Jake the truth and maybe fix things with him. It was my only option for now, so I slowly stopped crying and I focused on falling asleep again.