Chapter 4

Chapter 4
~Katelyn's P.O.V.~
Running through the thick forest I could hear the constant barking of three shape shifting wolves from behind me. My paws quickly maneuvered through the trees as I avoided being caught by the three large wolves. It was amusing to irritate wolves, they were such mindless animals.

I couldn't believe that it has been three yeas since I moved with Adrian and Juan. They treated me like a daughter.the annoying barking grew louder and I took a sharp turn to the left and climbed up a tall tree that overlooked the three wolves. Two of the wolves, one with dark grey fur and the other had a light colored fur were barking and growling at me. The third was an all black wolf, I watched as it stood on its hind legs and violently shook the tree with its front paws.

I purred quietly as I saw the massive wolves try to climb the tree. It was amusing and pathetic. The tree then began to shake and crack violently, making me well aware that they were working together to bring down the tree. I hissed in anger and I could see a wolfish smirk on the muzzle of the black wolf. I growled and jumped from the tree hitting the ground running.

I was nearing the lake that was close to home. I smirked and dove into the water. When I made it to the other side I turned to see the wolves barking and howling. The black wolf remained unfaded as our eyes met, I could see the anger and irritation in his eyes. I gave out a victorious roar before making my way back home.

When I neared the back of the house I quickly found my pile of cloths and changed back into my human form. I put on my jeans, shoes, and a bra before stepping into the back yard. I made my way through the back door and into the kitchen where I saw Adrian cooking up dinner, but Juan wasn't here. My first thoughts of his whereabouts was the garage fixing up an old car for me.

"Hey Adrian...what smells good in here?" I asked as I took a seat in a stool.

Adrian laughed before turning around to face me then her laughing stopped. "Kat your soaked...have you been teasing those wolves again?"

"I have..I took a little swim in the lake to get away...sorry" I said.

"You have to leave them alone Kat...their wolves their animals"

"No their not...they smell different Adrian...their just like me...their shape shifters like be only different" I said as I walked to the fridge and took out the milk.

Adrian sighed and tossed me a glass. "Kat if you don't leave them alone your going to get hurt one of these days"

"What are you girls talking about?" I heard Juan say as he walked into the kitchen covered in grease and oil.

"Kat here was teasing those wolves again" Adrian said disappointingly.

"No kidding...was it your usual friend...that black wolf?" Juan asked.

"Nope...he had friends" I smiled as I drank my glass of milk"

"No kidding! How many?" Juan asked excitedly.

"This time I was being chased around by three shape shifting wolves"

"Really? Wow...did they touch you? Or catch you?"

"Nope" I said popping the p in the end.

Juan laughed and gave me a light push. "No kidding...how fast do you think you were running?"

"Oh I don-"

"Enough!" Adrian shouted. "Look...we have time to talk about this over dinner...now both of you get cleaned up...I have news for you Katelyn" Adrian said as she pushed Juan and me out of the kitchen.

I laughed and quickly ran to my room getting out a clean pair of jeans and a crop top along with other things and I headed straight to the bathroom to take a nice shower. When I finished I quickly dressed and headed downstairs. I saw Adrian setting the table and I quickly went to help her. When we were finished I took my seat and waited for Juan. When he finally came we started to eat. At first their was an awkward silence but it all ended when Adrian spoke up.

"Ok so Katelyn...how do you feel about moving?" Adrian asked.

"Moving?..where to?" I asked.

"Forks honey...it only a few hours ride" Adrian said. "You see...I've been offered a great job at the hospital in Forks...and I took the offer"

"That's great" I said happily.

"Your happy to move?" Juan asked.

"Yea I mean I hardly have friends here and I don't mind moving...just as long as your happy"

"Good...that's great" Adrian said happily. "Oh I can't wait to move now...I want you to see your uncle Charlie and your cousin Isabella"

"Uncle Charlie?...I have an uncle?"

"Yea...you do...he just doesn't have time ti visit family...he's a chief of police you know" Adrian said as she took as bite of food.

"Oh....so when do we move?" I asked.

"Next week...Juan and I went to check out a house...its small cute, cozy...and the best part is...its basically surrounded by the forest so you can run around freely whenever you want"

"That's cool...it sounds amazing" I stated happily and continued to eat my food.