Chapter 10

Chapter 10

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

I was allowed to leave just like Carlisle had said. I was sitting in the back of Juan's truck as he drove through the rain. My eyes had never left the puzzle box in my hand, I was fiddling with it and trying to get it opened. I had searched through my mind for information about my past life and how my heart was sealed inside of the box. I was only able to catch one glimpse on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood over the marble balcony over looking the great pharaoh's kingdom. The sun was slowly setting turning the sky into a vibrant golden color. My eyes scanned over the land belonging to my people, I watched with such joy as the children laughed and ran around happily. I turned away and walked to my bed. I ran my fingers through my silk like hair and removed the small golden beads impeded with in it. I watched as a young lion cub curled beside me on the bed and purr with compassion. I smiled and gently pet its side. My head turned to the door instantly when it opened and in came Amun. My heart fluttered with excitement as he walked towards me casually.

"Hello Bastet" Amun spoke lightly as he pulled me up from the bed.

"My prince" I said quietly and bowed my head slowly.

"No...no formalities when we're alone my love" Amun stated as he lifted my face. "Your eyesore always so enchanting Bastet"

"Thank you..." I whispered as I lightly fiddled with my golden dress.

"I assume you might be curious as to why I came here" Amun stated as his fingers caressed my cheek. "Well I have come with a solution to your problem my love..." Amun said as he held up a wooden box.

"What's that?" I asked.

"This is a puzzle box....used to seal anything with in it...my father created this to seal away any forsaken burden...are you sure you wish to do this?" Amun asked sadly.

"Yes...I am truly sorry Amun"

"But why do you have to banish the very thing I want? You can live here with me...you don't have to do this Bastet"

"I have to...my kind is slowly dying away...I have to" I whispered. "Its my only choice with me living as an immortal so will my people Amun...with my immortal life I will live with you...even if you grow old and die I will stay with you"

There was silence between Amun and I but it all ended when there was a soft knock on the door. Amun gave me a sad look before pulling a beautiful golden necklace from his robes.

"Seal it within this...and when you do I shall carry it as a reminder of our love...I shall care for it as if I had cared for you...and I shall cherish it forever" Amun said as he placed the necklace with my hand.

"Then I shall do it" I whispered as I gently pressed my lips on his.

When we parted I went to the door and opened it. There was a servant girl standing there waiting for me. I nodded my head knowing what she wanted and I followed her. It wasn't long before I found myself lying on a stone table with my people. Around me were sharp stones and sharpened metal knives. I nodded my head in approval and watched as the pharaoh walked in with his queen and Amun.

I watched as the necklace was taken from me by the physician and placed on a stone tablet. My golden dress was removed and I felt the tip of a cold knife on my chest. I felt a slight jolt of pain as the blade pierced through my skin and created an opening. I held in the screams of pain but that didn't stop the tears from falling down my eyes.

I felt a cold hand pull on my skin and reach for be beating heart. I felt a painful tugging sensation which caused me to release a small whimper of pain. It was then and there that my heart was ripped out from my very chest. It was still beating with determination. My body was well aware of the surroundings, what it didn't know was that my heart was sealed within the necklace given to me, but it was not given to Amun.

Instead the pharaoh had decided to keep it locked inside the puzzle box Amun had showed me. The pharaoh wanted to keep it to himself and to use it to control my kind and to control my now heartless body. Trouble and chaos rose within the chamber between Amun and his father as the argued for my heart. I watched with pleading eyes as Amun refused to have treated in such a way.

It was when I cried out Amun turned his attention to me. He hated to see me suffer. I wanted to die, I didn't want to be controlled by some one. Amun understood my message through my pleading eyes. Amun had answered my dire need and he had regrettably ended my life. The last thing I remembered was my people crying and Amun apologizing over and over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was pulled from my thought and I sighed with disappointment and I continued to fiddle with the box. The truck was pulled to a stop and I looked out the window and noticed that we were home. I sighed and got out of the car and looked up at the gray sky.

"Adrian...I think I'm going for a walk alright?" I said as I took off slowly down the street.

"Ok but be careful!" I heard Adrian shout from behind me.

I waved my hand slowly before walking down the road still fiddling with the damn box in my hand.

ALL PICTURES ON QUIZILLA