Chapter 40

Chapter 40

~Jacob's P.O.V.~

I finished fixing the bikes and I wanted to invite Katelyn to come with us but she had refused because she wanted to hang out with Sam and his lost puppies. It was disappointing to me because Embry was now one of them. So instead I was now in Bella's car as she drove to the dirt path for us to ride. It wasn't until I began to regret building these bikes for some reason, would Bella still be my friend and visit me if I didn't fix them? I needed to know.

"Bella...if I told you I couldn't have fixed these bikes...what would you have said?" I asked.

"Are you doubting your mad skills?" Bella questioned.

I couldn't help but grin slightly. "No...definitely not I mean...they'll run fine...it's just...maybe if I was smart I would have dragged out the rebuild a bit"

"If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes I would say that that's really too bad but that we're just gonna have to find something else to do" Bella said.

I laughed lightly as she talked about doing many different things other than building the bikes but then she slowed down and pointed to the cliffs.

"Is that Sam Uley?" Bella asked.

"Yeah...him and his cult" I said sadly knowing Kat was with him.

"Oh my god" Bella shouted as she quickly pulled her old truck to a stop and came out of the car. "Did you see that?" Bella asked.

I laughed at Bella. "They're not really fighting Bella...they're cliff diving...scary as hell but a total
rush"

"A rush?"

"Most of us jump from the lower down...they leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples" I said in an annoyed tone, which Bella noticed.

"You have some kind of beef with him or something?"

"I don't know..." I said truthfully. "They just think they run this place...Embry used to call then hall
monitors on steroids...now look at him"

"That's Embry?" Bella asked.

"Yeah...playing around with Katelyn up there..."

"Katelyn too? What happened?"

"Embry missed some school...and now all of a sudden he's following Sam around like a little puppy same thing happened with Paul and Jared...and Katelyn...she started hanging with Sam once you're boyfriend left...she's been keeping something hidden from me...I don't know what...and Sam keeps giving me this look...like he's waiting for me or something...it's kind of starting to freak me out"

"Well if she"s hiding secrets then maybe she isn't good for you Jake...and as for Sam well you should just avoid him"

"I try" I said as I watched Katelyn jump off the cliff with a kid tailing behind and the last one to jump was Sam.

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

I was on the cliff waiting for the boys to jump but I was distracted by the sound of a certain orange truck pull over to a stop. I could see Bella and Jake watch us from the distance. It made my blood boil slightly to see Jake alone with Bella, but I controlled my temper. When I dove into the water with Alex right behind me I took it upon myself to follow Jake and Bella. I phased into my tigers form and I took off. When I got close enough I saw Bella take off on her bike and it seemed to me as if she was having trouble because she lost control.

"Hit the brake!" Jake shouted.

It was too late Bella had toppled over and fell and collided on a bolder. The smell of her blood took over my nose. I watched as Jake quickly took his bike and drove to Bella at full speed.

"I wanna go again" Bella said.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Jake asked clearly worried.

"No...I want to go again"

"No forget it..." Jake said as he restrained Bella. "No more bikes...man your head"

Bella looked at Jake before touching her bloody head.

"Ow...oh my god I'm sorry" Bella said quickly.

"What? You're apologizing for bleeding?"

"Yeah...I guess I am"

"Well it's just blood Bella...no big deal" Jake said.

I scoffed and thought back, if only Jake knew. When Jake got up and removed his shirt in front of Bella I growled slightly. Jake gently put his shirt on Bella's cut and softly dabbed the blood. I could see the way that Bella was looking at Jake and it drove me to the brink of madness,

"What are you staring at?" Jake asked.

"You're sort of beautiful" Bella said as if she was in a trance.

Jake looked at Bella for a short period but then his mind wondered to something else.

"How hard did you hit your head?"

"I don't know" Bella said.

Jake chuckled lightly. "Lets go"

Jake slowly helped Bella on her feet and walked her to the truck. I growled lightly and quickly
made my way to Jake's.

When I got there Billy was sitting on the porch watching me as I came by.

"Hello Kat...how are you?"

"I'm fine Billy...Embry's fitting in nicely"

Billy smiled glad to know the news. I sighed and sat down with his and waited for Jake to come home.