Chapter 56

Chapter 56

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

I went home and phased back into my human form. It was strange because the very minute I phased I found myself crouched on the ground holding my stomach in pain. I cried out once as I tried to move, but the pain didn't last long. I waited until I felt nothing, and when I felt nothing I slowly put on some clothes and walked inside. Adrian was there and her eyes widened when she saw me.

"I thought you were in school" She said as she watched me.

"I...didn't go to school Adrian...I went to Emily's and I saw Jake..."

"You saw Jake?" Adrian said as she got all excited. "What happened?"

"I...ran away...I didn't want talk to him" I said quietly.

"What? Why?"

"Because...he was preoccupied with Bella" I said sadly as I walked upstairs.

I slowly crawled up to my room and went straight to my bed and laid down. I closed my eyes and
took a deep breath as the sharp pain in my stomach came back again. I held in my cries as the pain increased. The tears slowly fell from my eyes as I held my stomach. There was a soft knock
on my door and I quickly regained my composure and slowly got up and wiped my tears and went for the door. Alex was at my door for the first time in weeks, he was also there with Jake.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Well Kat...look I know that you've been an emotional wreck and it's killing me and Jake feels
completely guilty about what he did to you and I don't want to see you act like this...you haven't phased in weeks until I saw you today...I want you to lead me again...you're my Bastet you're my mother my sister my friend...please come back" Alex said sadly as he quickly hugged me tightly.

My mouth slightly opened and I tried to speak, but Alex quickly pulled away from me and gave
me a strange stare.

"Why do you smell different?" Alex asked.

My eyebrows furrowed and I looked at him feeling confused.

"What?" I asked.

"You smell different...are you alright? You aren't sick are you?" Alex asked.

"Sick? It's not possible for a shape shifter to get sick...are you alright Katelyn?" Jake asked and I
could hear in his voice a hint of fear.

"I-I'm fine...I don't know what you two are talking about" I said half lying when I realized what was going on with me.

"Katelyn...please don't lie to me" Jake said as he flashed his big dark eyes at me.

"Well you don't have to worry about me Jake...so please don't pretend that you're interested in
me"

"Katelyn...please...I'm sorry and I mean it this time..."

"What do you mean 'this time?' does that mean that when you apologized to me those few times you didn't mean it?...well that's nice to know Jacob..."

"Katelyn...you misunderstood when I said that...what I meant was that I'm sorry for everything I've done to you"

"Jacob...when are you going to stop hurting me? Aren't you tired of doing that?" I asked as I slowly pushed through both Jake and Alex.

I slowly walked down the stairs and rushed through the door. I didn't want to see Jake, he hurt me by just standing there and looking at me the way he does. I hate it. I ignored Adrian's pleas as I ran through the woods as fast as I could. I didn't want to see anyone, sadly my luck wasn't that great today because I ran head first something, or rather someone hard.