Chapter 11

Chapter 11

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

I didn't realize how far I had walked until I had seen a sigh that read La Push. I instantly froze and smelt the air, it smelt like wolves. I smirked when I caught the scent of the wolves I would tease constantly. I walked on until I felt the ground change suddenly from a solid cement road to a sandy beach.

I smelt the air again and it smelt like the ocean. I smiled and walked further down looking around and saw it full of few people. Some I recognized were from school. I heard screaming from a distance and I turned my head to a cliff and I saw three bodies cliff diving. When I focused my eyes I noticed two of them to be Paul and Jared.

I smirked and walked away and sat to myself on an old moss covered log. I kept my attention to solving the box and nothing else. Moments later I was growing irritated and I gave up for the day. I placed the box beside me and I let out a deep sigh and hid my face in my hands.

"Well if it isn't my little friend...how are you cutie?" I moaned and looked up to see Paul standing in front of me soaked with water.

"What do you want Paul?"I asked as I took the box in my hand.

"Well I thought about the way we met back in Port Angeles and I just wanted to apologize and start over" Paul stated.

I scoffed and got up. "Still not interested"

"Really? Not even if I ask nicely?"

"No..."I said simply and waked off. "But sine you are determined to get to me I can at least give you my name"

"That's all I wanted" Paul said and he gave me a winning smirk.

"Paul! Lets go!" I heard someone shout from behind Paul.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Well I would tell you but you would have to go on a date with me first" Paul said.

"Then forget it" I said and walked away. "Oh...my names Katelyn by the way" I stated and continued to walk down the beach.

I was alone at last, finally. I got back to work on the box again and was more focused than the last time. I was mumbling to myself but then u bumped into something hard and I fell on the sandy ground. I cursed my self mentally before standing up and brushing the sand off my cloths.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that I didn't see you" I heard a voice mumble.

I smiled lightly and shook my head and looked up, instantly my smile fell when my eyes locked onto those dark orbs. My face turned red with embarrassment as I looked at the boys appearance. He has long black hair gorgeous dark eyes and russet skin.

"Oh...no it's my fault...I wasn't watching where I was going...I'm sorry" I said quickly.

The boy smiled widely before picking up something on the ground and handing it to me. I smiled when I noticed it was my puzzle box.

"This belongs to you" He said nervously.

"Thanks..." I whispered as I took the box in my hand. "My names Katelyn...Katelyn Pride"

"That's a cute name...matches you perfectly...I'm Jacob Black...so you're new here?"

"Yea...been here for a while actually..." I said as I turned my eyes to the ground.

"Ohh..." Jacob said completely speechless.

The silence between us felt so perfect and it was then that I realized that I had bonded. My mind went completely blank and I didn't even know what to say. Truthfully I was afraid. It was then that I was saved because I saw two other boys running towards Jacob and I.

"Hey Jake! What are you doing man? We gotta get going" Said one of them before turning to me. "Oh...I get it...ditch us for a girl"

"It's not like that Quil...we ran into each other" Jacob explained.

"So that's what they call it now" The other boy said.

"Quit it Embry! Look Katelyn I'm sorry...I have to go...it was nice meeting you maybe sometime we can hang out and I could show you around" Jacob offered, looking down shyly.

I smiled lightly. "I would like that very much...but I don't know if I will be able to...a lot of things are happening at the moment...but if you really want to see me then here's my number" I said as I took out a pen and wrote it on his hand.

"I'll be going now" I said awkwardly and walked away.

I had walked all the way back home and it had already turned dark. When I entered the house I was greeted by Adrian and Juan who were sitting on the love seat couch watching a movie.

"Dinners in the microwave Kitty" Adrian said.

"Thanks" I said and headed to the kitchen and reheated the food and went to the living room and sat on the single couch watching the movie with Adrian and Juan.

They had been watching The Notebook and it was nearing the end. When I finished the plate of food I walked to the sink and washed my plate. I yawned loudly and went to the stairs.

"I'm going to bed" I announced.

"Katelyn...wait...your brothers called and they want you back in Cairo for the funeral...I have your things packed and I'm sending you tomorrow early in the morning is that alright?" Adrian asked.

My expression saddened and I nodded my head in agreement and went upstairs. Inside of my room was a small packed suitcase beside the bed. I sighed and threw myself onto the bed thinking about Cairo.