Chapter 1

Chapter 1

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

Here I was, staring deep into his eyes, those dark hurt eyes that were filled with nothing but pain, regret, and sadness. I didn't know what to do, how could I just walk back into his life again, he had made it clear that he loved Bella and not me. I forced back the tears as I saw Jacob and the pack standing along side the Cullen's and other vampires.

I looked around and stayed close to Aro, Caius, and Marcus as I watched my brothers lightly whine for me to come back. I couldn't...I don't know if they would ever want me back, not after I have done the many mistakes. I didn't know how to face Jacob or the others for that matter. I closed my eyes and allowed a single tear fall from my eyes as I began to remember what had happened that brought me where I am today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had all started when I was born. My mother and father were only expecting twins, not triplets. It was funny how my fathers side of the family only gave birth to strong well built boys never a girl. Now my father was said to be a descendant of the Great Bastet. Bastet was our Goddess, our mother, she had first existed in the times of the first Pharaoh.

Bastet along with her children were given a special gift to transform into the shape of any wild cat, whether it be a tiger, lion, leopard, or lynx, we had the ability to shift our bodies into one selected form. It was said that we would discover our true form once we turned 13. Our kind was souly created to serve and protect the Pharaoh's and their lands from the many threats, many of those threats were werewolves, and vampires.

There was a time when our kind flourished and we were worshiped dearly, but as the lines of Pharaoh's moved on and when our Great ruler Bastet died our kind has been dying off quickly until there was said to be none left. The body of our Great Bastet was mummified within a secret tomb within the Sphinx along with her many possessions.

Those who lived on remained to guard the tomb of Bastet. The protectors of her tomb were my father and his closest friend. They have lived through the years watching over Bastet's tomb keeping people away. As years passed my fathers dear friend passed, leaving my father alone. That was until he met my mother, Rebecca Swan.

My mother was on vacation after she had graduated high school in America. It was love at first sight when she met dad. Mom stayed and married dad making her Rebecca Pride. Mom accepted the fact that dad was a shifter, in fact she found the thought of dad turning into a giant lion adorable. It wasn't until mom gave birth to two twin boys she named the first Tristan and the second Damion. My mom and dad never expected a triplet, it was even surprising to them to realize that it was a girl.

It always made me laugh when I looked back at the memory, but I wasn't exactly the healthiest newborn you know. Unlike my brothers I was born a bit unstable, I was born a weak, sick, and dying little newborn. The doctors even said that I was supposed to die when I a baby. I proved them wrong I guess. My dad named me Katelyn and as I grew dad and my brothers had kept open eyes for me seeing as I was born the first girl.

Dad believed that I was Bastet's reincarnation, but I denied it. Sadly dad was right, when I had turned 13 I gained my mark, it was confirmed by my dad that it was the very mark that once graced the skin of Bastet. My mark was located on my back, the mark for my brothers were located on their left arm. My father was our leader, and he made sure that I was well protected and unharmed. Life was so simple back then, when we were such a close family, but it all ended when dad died. Now its only me and my brother, we are the only ones left of our kind.

I was 13 when I found out what my true form was that of a white tiger, my brothers were tigers as well but they were not white tigers, they had a normal coat. I was 13 when dad died, I was 13 when I was sent away from my home in Cairo. Mom wanted me to be safe, so I moved just to keep her happy.