Chapter 2

I more or less fell into a schedule. Go to College, walk over to the Hospital for an hour,  go home and play with Carl, go to the Police station and help out, and if I couldn't help out, Practice. Rinse, wash, and repeat, every day.

But this day was different, strange. As I'm getting ready for the day, Mom yells up stairs to Carl and me, "pack your bags with everything you may need, quick! You have 30 minutes!" I rush down stairs. " Why do we have to pack out stuff?" I ask as I calmed my breathing. Mom looked around and made sure Carl was still upstairs before replying.

"There is an infection sweetheart, it's spreading and making people lose there minds and eat other people. We need to leave so hurry and pack a bag." She leads me to the stairs without waiting for an answer.

I quickly grab a suit case and shove all my favorite outfits in it. Tank-tops, shorts, jeans, sweatshirts, jackets, and 2 different pairs of sneakers. I zip up the suit case and grab my easy access backpack. I put a book, a drawing book and some pencils and crayons for Carl, and my extra bullets in the bag. I race to Carl's room and help him pack up then we both go down stairs and wait for mom.

Carl latches onto my side and looked up at me. "We will be okay... right?" I nod my head and give him a hug. Mom comes rushing down and says "Shane is on the way, make sure your ready."

I gently unlatch Carl from my side and go grab my belt holding my Gun and holster and my knife. Never know   I think to myself. Carl comes walking over and slides on some sneakers while I lace up my black, Combat boots. Not even a minute later Shane comes busting through the door and quickly helps us load up the car before speeding away.

As I'm staring out the window I realize that we don't have dad. "Um, Uncle Shane?" Shane turns around and looks at me. I never really liked the way he looked at me... or Mom, but I always shrugged it off. "Yes Darling what is it?" He ask, responding to my call. "Where is dad..?" I trail off as sadness flows into Shane's eyes. "I'm so sorry Alex, he is gone, passed while I was at the hospital before getting y'all." He answers before turning back around.

I take a minute to let that seep in before looking at Carl. He looks like he is about to break, going over his limit. I gently pull him to my side as we both start crying. Carl soon enough cry's himself to sleep and I feel my eye lids slowing pulling them selves down against my will. I soon doze off with Carl by my side.

~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to Carl moving besides me. Ah shoot I thought as I see the sun high in the sky. Slept half the day away. I gently rest Carl's head on the seat before getting out of the car. As I shut the door I see at least a dozen random people look my way.

I see Mom and Uncle Shane turn and look at me. Shane gets up and easily makes he way over to me. "Hey, finally your awake." He says with a chuckle.

I nod slightly as I look over all the people looking at me. I move my hand to my gun for confidence. Shane notices my hand and clears his throat, bringing all the attention to him. Well almost all the attention. I see a women with pale blue eyes still looking at me. I turn my attention to Shane as he introduces me, "everyone, this is Alex." He puts a hand on my shoulder as everyone starts walking up to introduce themselves.

"Hi! I'm Amy and this is my sister Andrea!" A blond girl with the pale blue eyes says to me while pointing at the a girl besides her that looked like a older version of herself. "Uh, Hi, I'm Alex." I say nervously with a shy smile.

I wasn't scared of them, the two actually seemed very friendly, it's just all the attention on me that made me nervous. Next up came a Women who introduced her self as Carol and her Daughter as Sophia. A man behind them named Ed quickly moved them along, towards a tent.

After a few more people came I removed my hand from my gun and  I made a mental note to myself to try and avoid the Dixon brothers, at least the older one, for most of the first few days. The way he looked at me made me uncomfortable.

As a Tall Asian looking guy ran up to me he said " Hi, I'm Glenn, sorry I didn't come sooner, I was trying to fix the RV," he says panting and pointing to the RV.

"No worries it's fine." I say to him with a smile as relief washes over his face. "I'll only be mad at you for not being first in line for the rest of your life," I say with a grin as I watch a little bit of amusement flow over his face. Shane chuckles at my comment.

"Your gonna be a hand full, aren't you," he says with a grin. "Of course, how could I not?" I easily reply back with the same grin he gave me. We both laugh. I think he is gonna be my best friend. After hanging out with mostly Glenn, Amy, and Dale, I came to the conclusion that they are pretty good people.

—————————-Shane's POV———————-

I was talking softly to Lori when I heard a car door shut. I quickly turn to see who it is and see no other than Alex. I walk over to her as she scans all the mysterious faces staring at her. She moves her hand to rest on top of her belt. I introduce her to the group, "everyone, this is Alex."  Everyone came gathering around to meet her and introduce themselves.

I knew right then a there she was gonna fit in perfectly with no problems at all. That is if Merle and his brother, Daryl, leave her alone. I look at Merle and see him already checking her out and promise myself to never let the Dixons' touch her, ever.

I look back over at Glenn and her talking and see how well they get along already. She better not fall for him... I think to myself as I watch the two walk off towards Dale.

——————-Alex's POV———————
I walked over to the RV with Glenn at my side and see an Older man I haven't noticed before.
"Oh, why Hello. I'm Dale." He says as he shakes my hand. "Hi, I'm Alex." I give him a smile and shake his hand

I stay and hang out with Glenn and Dale when I heard a car door shut. I turn and look and see Carl getting out of the car rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Is that your brother?" Glenn ask, still looking at Carl. "Yeah, I'm gonna go introduce him."

I start walking away and turn to see Glenn Following me. "I'll come to," he says when he sees me turn around. "Aright then," I say with a chuckle. " Hey buddy," I say once I get close to him. Carl looks up at me and grabs my hand and whispers, "who are all these people?"

"They are people that had to leave there homes, like us," I answer. "Guys, this is my brother, Carl." Again, everyone started coming up a nervous Carl and introducing themselves. Sophia was the last one with her mom and asked Carl, "would you like to come play with me?" Carl smiles at his new friend and the two run off with there moms following close behind.

Vote and comment :)