Chapter 25

————Rick's POV————
I woke up to Herschel shaking me. I look around and remember everything that happened. Lori came last night, and took Carl to comfort him. I fell asleep in a chair next to Alex. I look up at the old man, "the rest of your group is here." He says softly. I nod, He walks out. I want more than anything to stay in here, next to Alex.

But I know that the group needs their leader. How I became leader, no clue. Guess I just replaced Shane as leader, just like he replaced me as husband. I sigh and shake the awful thought from my head. I get up, walk to the door, and glance back at Alex before walking out.

When I get outside, I see Herschel pointing the cars as to where to park. I smile a little and head over to the RV. "Hey Rick!" I look up to the top of the RV and see Dale waving down. I smile and give a short nod. I hear footsteps behind me and see Glenn running up. "Where is she? Is she okay?" He asks instantly. I smile a little, "Yeah she is okay, hasn't woke up yet though. Shane went out to get supplies so Herschel can get the bullet out, it broke into 7 pieces." I explained.

He sighs a little and shakes his head. I wish he was dating my daughter, he obviously cares. But I'm starting to think he looks at her like a sister. Which isn't bad, but I rather there be a romantic interest. I rather be sure she is with Glenn then questioning every other male in the group. Especially Daryl.

"What even happened?" He ask after a minute. "Hunting accident, just a stupid accident. I guess she saw the guy aiming for he deer, so she pushed Carl out of the way." I explain. He nods and I lead him to her room. She is just as I left her, unconscious. We just stand there for a while, and Carl and Lori come in too.

Suddenly she is awake. I run to her side, along with Carl and Glenn. I hear Lori call for Herschel before coming. I grab her hand, "Hey Alex, how are you feeling?" I ask softly. She gives a weak smile, "I feel so fucking horrible." She says. We all let out a small laugh.

"May I check on her," I hear Herschel ask from behind me. We all move away from them bed and he gives her a quick check. The wound is still bleeding, but we need to keep to keep it open until the bullet is out. Suddenly she starts shaking violently. I take a step forward, but Herschel stops me. "She needs to go through it, if you touch her she can get hurt." He explained. I stand there, useless.

Then just as suddenly as it started, it ended. She was unconscious, again. I ran up and grabbed her hand while Herschel checked over her again. "We need to do surgery soon, with or without supplies. She won't survive without the bullet taken out, but it is a very slight chance she will live if we do surgery without the stuff." He explained. I stand there silent as I realize what he means. With the supplies, she has a better chance of making it, but might not. But without the supplies.... she could die.

I might lose my Daughter. I feel Carl latch on to my side and I hold him close. "We will do the surgery without the supplies." I answer. It's her best chance. He nods and starts getting all his tools ready. Then we hear a car outside. We run out and see Shane exiting the car with 2 bags full of supplies. I don't see the other guy. Otis, but I push that from my mind as I call out to Herschel and take a bag from Shane. Glenn takes the other and we race inside to give them to Herschel.

Herschel's eyes go wide and he calls out, "Daniel! Come help me with the surgery!" Must be one of his kids. I hear footsteps then the man from the doorway entered the room. The one that smiled at me, in a reassuring way, like everything will be fine. And now, it can be fine. He locks eyes with me and smiles again, then helps his father set up the equipment Shane brought back. Shane comes in, "I'm sorry Herschel, Otis didn't make it. He was covering me. The only reason I got the supplies back was because of him." Shane says, looking at his feet.

Herschel thinks for a minute, "don't tell Patricia, I need her to help with this." He says. We all nod. He finishes getting it all set up, then calls for Patrica. He also kicks us out, saying Daniel and Patrica are enough in the room for now. We obediently exit the room, and the surgery starts.

Vote and comment :)