Chapter 6

-----------Alex's POV-----------

I woke up in mine and Glenn's tent. I remembered what he told me the night before and rushed out the tent, hoping I wasn't too late. I look around and see people saying there goodbyes. I spot Glenn talking to Jim and I run up to him and hug him. "Woah Alex chill, I was just gonna come get you and say bye," he says while laughing and returning the hug. " I wish you would just stay" I mumble back.

He laughs and pulls away, hands still on my shoulders. "I'll be back by tonight, okay?" He says. I search his eyes to see if he is lying. He wasn't. "Promise?" I whisper so only we can hear. He slightly Nods and answers, "Promise."

"Hurry Up Glenn, your girl will still be here when you get back!" we hear T-dog yell out the window. Shane looked pissed. Why? "Who said she was 'My girl'?" Glenn Yells back. a few people laugh as I turn my attention back on Glenn for one more quick hug. "Be safe!!" I yelled to him as he ran to the truck. He waved as a way to say 'Of course'.

I sigh as I watch them go and feel an arm on my shoulder. I look up and see Shane. He still looks kind of mad. "I don't think I like how close you and him are," Shane says, still looking the way the car went. I Shake his arm off of my shoulders and start walking away. I was really fed up with him. Why is he like this? I've never seem this side of him. He calls after me.

"Hey! Where do you think your going? Get your ass back here!!!" He practically screams. All eyes are now on us. I turn and face him. His face is red and I can only guess his anger is boiling. fine, let it boil. "I said, Get. Your. Ass. Back. Here." He says again, very sternly. I glare at him and answer very calmly, "No". He storms towards me and see in the corner of my eye, Daryl shoot up.

Bad thing is, Shane saw it too and turn towards him. Shane is now stopped an equal distance between Daryl and Me. He is staring at Daryl deciding if he should continue towards me or him. He take a small step In Daryl's Direction when I call out, "I really don't care what you say Shane." He snaps his attention back to me and I continue. "Your not my dad, not my Brother, and most certainly are not my lover." Everyone, including Shane is staring at me in shock.

"I don't have to listen when you tell me to stay away from Glenn and Merle or any other guy at this camp. you are.. No WERE someone I worked with. Before all this shit, you were my trainer, a partner to take out criminals. Now? Now your just trying to be my boss, my controller, my RULER. And I really don't appreciate it, at all." I stop and look around and realize all eyes were still on me. I looked at my feet and blushed in embarrassment.

I feel a tug at my hand and look down to see Carl looking up at me with encouragement to go on. I look up and see Shane bowl into me, ripping me from Carl's grasp. I hear Carl Scream as I fall and start coughing and trying to get my air back. "C'mon Alex, lets see how good I trained you, because I don't remember teaching you to give speeches. I slowly rise to my feet and say, "that's cuz it wasn't your job, it was my Fathers job." I Glare at him as I know I hit a soft spot. I waited for him to charge again, when he did I side stepped and grabbed his arm and swung him through the air to the ground on his back.

As he caught his breath I saw Daryl stuck trying to decide if he should come help. I look at him and caught his eye and shook my head no. he relaxed, then he tensed and yelled, "Look Out!!!" I turn around too late and got a kick to my side. I stumbled and brought my leg higher than he did and kicked his face. His nose started bleeding as I put him in a choke hold. I was about to hit him again, maybe break his arm, when I saw Carl and Mom crying and Mom also trying to comfort him.

I look her in the eyes and saw her stare back with just sadness and betrayal. My eyes drift down to meet Carl's and his are full of pure fear. I don't know if it was from the fight in general, or Shane Beating me, Or me beating Shane. all I know is it needs to end. Now. I look down at Shane and see defeat in his eyes. "I'm hoping this is done, I need to comfort MY family." I say Harshly to him, still holding him in a choke hold.

He gently nods his head and I slowly release him. he got up and brushed the dirt off of him and went to the tent, head down in embarrassment that I beat him at his own fight. A few people start to cheer and say things like, 'Shane is crazy' or 'Alex should lead us' and 'OMG are you okay?' I slowly walk over to Mom and Carl and he lets go of Mom and is latched on to me in an heartbeat. I feel the pain in my side where I was kicked, but still bend down and look him in the eyes as he whispers, "I was so scared he was gonna hurt you so bad." I laugh and little and respond, "Never," before pulling him into a hug. I hear someone clear their throat and look up to see Dale.

"I was wondering if you would let me check your wounds? That kick looked really nasty." He asked me. "Yes please that would be great," I respond pulling away from Carl and walking to the RV with Dale. As I sit down I realize how badly my side hurt. Dale start checking it out when breaks the silence. "You know, I thought Shane really had you there. I mean he is older, stronger, but you still managed to beat him." I chuckle then stop when it makes my side hurt. "Well he wasn't thinking, he was mad and his only thought was to beat me. he didn't think how to beat me. he could have won." I respond before letting him continue to treat me.

Vote and comment :)