Chapter 9

---------Alex's POV---------

I woke up and remember I'm part of the group that has to go get Merle. I turn and see Glenn already out of the tent. If they left me they will regret it. I quickly get up and put on my light colored shorts, almost too short for my liking but not quite. I then slip on my bra, White tank top, and a plaid, unbuttoned, shirt. I slip on my black, combat boots and hurry out of the tent, making sure I have my bag and weapons.

I see Dad and Glenn loading the truck and go over to see what I can help with. "Oh good, your awake, can you go wake up Daryl. I'm not hunting for his brother without him." My dad tells me as I run up. "Yeah sure," I respond while throwing my bag in the truck and jogging towards his tent.

His tent is still zipped and I hear him snoring. "Daryl, Daryl C'mon we are getting ready to go." I say. The snoring continues. I sigh and open the tent slowly, trying to be quiet. Wait? Why am I being quiet? I want to wake him up. I enter the tent slowly. Once I'm in I look at Daryl and can't help but stare.

He was only in his Dark Blue boxers. He was laying on his back and I could see his abs and everything else the shirt and vest usually cover. Should I get someone else to do it? Nah, This is pay back for him walking into the RV while I was shirtless and getting fixed up. I smirk a little and walk over to him. I kneel down next to him and think of ways to wake him. I decide just to shake him.

"Daryl, wake up, we are getting ready to get Merle." I say as I place a hand on his chest and arm and shake him. I hear him stop snoring and feel him tense up but continue shaking. "Ugh my head hurts can I have five more minutes. and why the hell ya in here?" He says in a sleepy voice, or his 'morning voice'.

I freeze when he says this and I have an Idea. I smirk and say, "really? You got so drunk you don't even remember what happened last night? Well that's a shame." I say while tracing my finger down his chest slowly and smirking. "He turns to me and I stop smirking. "What the hell ya talkin' 'bout? I didn't drink last 'ight." He says very confused.

"Yes, you did. With me. That's why your head hurts silly." I say back while having a smile on my face. My finger soon traced down to his boxer top and he grabs my wrist. He grabbed softly but still hard enough to show me to stop. "I. Didn't. Drink." He says sternly, but still questioning.

"Fine we didn't. But just so you know it is really fun messing with you." I say with a chuckle as I bring my hand back to my side. "Well how 'bout I nail you right here right now, say we got drunk, and go through the day with that on our minds." He said. I tense up and look in his eyes to see amusement. "Huh, fun messing with you too." He says laughing and laying back down.

"Ha ha very funny. Now get ready, and put on some clothes, it's cold outside." I say as I walk out. I see him tense up from the corner of my eye and I laugh a little. I walk back over to Dad and Glenn and told them he will be out here shortly. They nod as I go into the car. Once Daryl finally comes out, we leave. We took the white van box looking car they brought back the other day. T-dog, who decided last minute wanted to come, sat in the passenger seat.

Dad is driving and Glenn, Daryl, and I are sitting on the floor in the back. I'm sitting next to Glenn and Daryl is across from me. I sigh and rest my head on Glenn shoulder. "Are you tired?" Glenn asked me, sounding a bit shocked. "Yeah a little, Why?" I say, keeping my head on his shoulder. Glenn just laughs and shakes his head.

I shrug and my eyes start to close against my will. "I'll wake you up when we get there, go to sleep." I hear Glenn whisper in my ear. I nod my thanks as my body finally dozes off.

I wake up to Glenn gently shaking me. "I'm up, I'm up." I say as I open my eyes and lift my hand up to block the sun. "Good, I really didn't want to carry you." He says and we both laugh. We parked on the outskirts of the City, so we don't draw attention from the walkers. "Guns or Merle first." Dad ask.

"Merle, we ain't even having this discussion!" Daryl says, he is pretty mad. Dad looks at Glenn to see which one first. Glenn shoots a quick glance at Daryl and says quickly. "Merle, he is closer." We start walking to the building they left Merle on when I fall into step with Glenn. "IS Merle actually closer, or did you just not wanna die?" I ask him in a hushed tone so Daryl and Dad don't hear.

"I didn't wanna die." He says back. I chuckle and nod my head as we keep going. We come up to this clothes shop and make our way to the roof. The door is chained shut. T-dog cuts the chain, with un-needed pressure from Daryl. When the chain is finally cut, Daryl charges through the door.

We get on the roof and see Merle is gone. Well, most of Merle is gone. In a puddle of his blood, on the floor next to the cuffs, is Merle hand and a saw. I turn away with Glenn. Daryl starts yelling "NO, NO HE CAN'T BE GONE!!!!" He falls to his knees and cries. Daryl Dixon actually cries. He takes a rag from out of his pocket and wraps the hand in it. He then walks over to Glenn and puts it in his bag.

Once Daryl walks away, Glenn throws up. I go over and rub his shoulder for comfort. When he is done he looks up and nods his thanks. I smile back. "Look, 'ere is his trail. C'mon." Daryl says while following a trail of blood. Glenn throws up once more and we continue on our way.

We walk through a door, going into another building, and see two dead walkers. "Merle Must have killed them." Dad states. "Yea, Give my brothe' a hammer, he will shit out nails. Only a Dixon can kill and Dixon." Daryl say still following the trail. We come into another room and it smells so bad.

We see a burner on, its covered in something... But what? "What.. What's that?" Glenn asked as if reading my mind. "Skin, he melted his skin to close the wound." T-dog answered. "Oh.. Okay... That's Uh... Great, Yeah great." Glenn said, still staring at the burner.

"Then he left, he could be passed out somewhere from blood loss." Dad cut in. "Then lets go find 'im Rick." Daryl says, walking over to the broken window where we think Merle went. "We need the guns first, I'm not walking around Atlanta with only my good intentions." I state. Everyone nods in agreement and Glenn starts drawing out a plan. "Alex will run for the guns and-" He gets cut off by Dad. "No she won't." I look up at him. "Dad Im the fastest. Ill be fine." I say. He looks at me for a minute before nodding for Glenn to go on.

"Me and Daryl will be here while Rick and T are over here. Before you ask, Your here so if she gets blocked this way, she can run here to you guys." He says looking up at Dad for his agreement. Rick nods and we all head to our places.