Chapter 37

————Alex's POV————
I wake up and stretch. Everything from yesterday comes flooding back. Sophia's image comes to my mind and a take a minute to push down the sadness coming with it. The tent opens and I turn to see Daryl. "Yer finally awake." He says.

I shake my head and head out the tent. "Hey Alex!" Daryl calls after me. "Where ya goin'?" I give him a confused look. "Daryl, can you help me take Sophia to the graves we dug?" Carol comes over and asks. She gives me a small flare as she starts pulling him away.

"I'll be there in a minute," he states as he pulls away from her. She gives a hurt look, then walks off. "You should go with her, she needs her boyfriend," I say harshly. "I'm not her boyfriend," he snaps.

I shrug, "I don't have time for this Daryl." I start to walk off when he grabs my wrist. I turn and meet his gaze. "What is this that ya don't go time for," He questions. I shake my head. "I don't have time for you to act like you care about me, then you go off to be with Carol. Just leave me out of it,"

He looks hurt, but I just walk off. I go into mine and Glenn's tent and change, when I come out Carl is there to tell me we are gathering for a funeral for Sophia and Herschel's family. I follow him to the place and hold back tears as People speak for the dead.

When it's finished, Dad pulls me away. "I need your help," he whispers. "With what?" He motions to follow him. He walks me to the barn and opens the door. There is a teenager tied up to a chair. I gasp, "where did he come from, and why is he chained!"

Dad explains that Herschel went to a bar In town after the barn shooting, and they got caught up trying to avoid being shot by another group. They group was pushed away by walkers and left this teen behind.

"Well can't we just go return him," I ask. Dad shakes his head. "From what we know, his group will kill the men on the spot, and....." he trails off. "And rape the women," my eyes go wide. "Hopefully they don't find us then." I state.

Dad nods in agreement. "Don't worry, they think I'm dead. Aren't looking for my sorry ass," the teen says. Dad gives him a side look and shuts the doors. "I don't know what to do with him. I want to kill him. I don't trust him to be untied but it's so much work to have a someone always watching him. Plus he is just another mouth to feed," dad tells me.

I nod. "Killing him is the best option." I say quietly so he teen can't hear. Dad nods and we walk back to where everyone else is. We get there and everyone is talking about what to do with the teen. Most people say kill him, but Dale wants to keep him alive.

"He is only a kid!" Dale yells. "He is dangerous!" Shane snaps back. "Back off Shane," I tell him. He comes up to me, only to be pushed back my Daryl. "Get away from 'er," he snarls. Shane smirks. "You only care about her when I get involved. The rest is all Carol." He says with a small laugh.

I look down, I know Shane is mostly right about that. But Carol is hurting. I shake the thoughts of Carol and listen to the arguing. "How about we take a vote later? So Dale has a chance to convince people to see the other way. But it's still a group decision." Dad suggest. People nod, then start doing doing there own thing, talking about which why they will vote.

"Wanna go hunting?" I hear a gruff voice say behind me. I turn and see Daryl. I sigh, "fine, but I want to be back for the vote," I say. He grabs his cross bow and we head out into the woods. We walk a little ways in, till we reach a pond. He sits down, leaning against a tree.

I sit with him. "I don't like 'er. Not like that," he tells me. I know instantly he is talking about Carol. I look up and meet his icy eyes. "She obviously likes you." I state. "I like another," he whispers and looks away. But I hear him.

"Who?" I ask. Nobody comes to mind.

He pauses then takes a deep breath.

"You."

Vote and Comment what ya think!