Chapter 39

———— Alex's POV————
I feel the person under me shift and I wake up. I look and see Glenn, still asleep. I remember crying, explaining why I fell asleep laying on Glenn. I softly get up and creep out the tent. I stretch and look around. I see Daryl and quickly look a different way. I see dad on watch and decide to sit with him.

"Morning," I say. He nods and looks off into the distance, clearly thinking. "We are going to vote later, around noon." He starts. I keep quite and listen. "But before then I want you and Daryl to go hunting. We need more food," he finishes.

"Can't someone else go with him?" I blurt out. He looks at me confused. "But he really only gets along with you." He states. I sigh, if only he knew. I agree to go with Daryl. "Great, I'll tell him. Stay here and watch till I get back," he tells me. I nod and keep watch for the short period of time.

Dad comes back with Daryl and I hop off the RV to enter the forest with Daryl. We walk a little ways, getting a few squirrels. Finally I stop. He turns, "ya coming or what?" He says. He is avoiding eye contact.

"Why," I ask. He looks at me, "why what." I snicker, "don't act dumb Dixon, how could you tell me you like me, kiss me, then just tear me down like that?" I say rather loudly. He sighs and rubs his hands through his hair. "I want something. But your dad..." he trails off.

Then it clicks. He is scared of what my dad might think, or say. I shake my head and walk up to him. I wrap my arms around his neck. "I don't care what he thinks," I whisper into his ear. He starts kissing me, and pushes me against a tree.

I tangle my hands in his hair. Suddenly he pulls away and steps back. "Before anything happens, we should tell your dad," he says. I groan but know he is right. He continues walking and I follow close behind, us both making little to no noise.

After a while we head back. We also managed to get a deer, so we drag that back. We set all our meat by the fire an head inside where everyone has just gathered for the vote. We enter and everyone looks at us. "Caught a deer..." I say, and they all laugh and look back at dad.

Daryl smirks at my and I feel my heart melt. Dad talking a little but I tune him out, thinking back to the forest. I rather be there. "Majority vote wins," I hear Maggie speak up. "Okay so, everyone out in there thoughts before we vote," Dad says. Everyone stays back. Silence. Finally Dale steps up. "He is just a kid. Not much older then Alex," he says motioning to me.

"Don't bring her into this, we aren't talking about ending her," Shane growls. "All Im saying is we wouldn't hurt Alex-" dale gets cut off "Alex ain't no threat," Daryl speaks up. Dale fumbles trying to think of something to say. Dad puts a hand on his shoulder and he sighs, then returns to his place in the circle.

"All in favor for kill the boy," Dad says. Almost everyone raises there hand. I look around. Me, Glenn, and Dale are the only ones with our hands down. I don't plan to vote, not sure Glenn is either. "All in favor for keeping him alive," Dad says. Dales hand is the only one in the air.

"Are you serious?! I know you agree with me right? Alex..? Glenn..?" I look at Glenn then back to Dale. I personally think the boy is a threat. "So it's Decided." Dad speaks up, breaking the awkward Silence. Dale shakes his head and walks towards the door. He turns before heading out, "this group really is broken." Then he walks out. Small conversations start.

I get overwhelmed and go outside. I start walking, just away no where special, when I feel a hand grab my wrist. I turn, Daryl. I feel the butterflies in my stomach. "Where ya Going?" He asks me. I shrug. "Away from here," I Answer. It's the truth. The tension is too much right now. He nods and leads me through the forest.

I don't ask where we are going, I could care less. I just imagine what might happen when we get where we are going. He leads me to a river. He takes off his shirt and shorts. And left in his boxers, jumps in. I laugh as resurfaces.

"Cmon," he says to me. I strip down to my Underwear and Bra and hop in with him. I surface and look for Daryl. Gone. I start to Panic. "Daryl?" I call out softly. I feel hand grip my waist and hear his voice in my ear. "Don't worry babe, I didn't leave." I get chills.

I turn to face him. "Damn..." he says as he looks me up and down as far as he can. I playfully splash him. He grins and splashes me back. And thus begins our war.

After a while we both get out to dry. I put my close back on while Daryl slips on his shorts. I can't help but stare. He catches me staring and smirks. I turn away bright red. When I look back he is fully clothed.

"So, you didn't vote," he starts. I groan, "I don't wanna talk about that," I say. He just nods and helps me to my feet. Once I'm up he kisses me. Softly. Passionate kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck. "What.. the.. Fuck.." I hear a voice behind me say. I jump away from Daryl and my eyes meet Glenn's.

He is just staring... Shocked.