Chapter 3

------------- Alex's POV-----------------

Later that night, we found out where everyone would sleep, me with Glenn, not without Shane's arguing, and Mom, Carl, and Shane together. Everyone came to sit around the fire to chat and eat. I ending up next to Glenn and Carl. Throughout the day I saw Shane falling into the 'leader role'. I was pretty glad someone I knew and was close to was the leader of this camp, only does me and Carl good. I also think he is using me as his "Right-hand" as well. "Your dad was an officer too right?' Glenn ask taking me out of my thoughts. All eyes were on me as I answered. "Yeah, him and Shane taught me," Glenn and everyone else but Mom, Shane, and Carl looked at me, very confused.

"Shane isn't your dad?" Amy, next to Glenn asked me. "No... my dad pasted right before we left," I answer, looking down at the fire and taking another bite. Carl leaned over against my side and I put my arm around him. I look at Shane and he gives me a smile, sad smile, while comforting my now crying Mom.

I felt Glenn put his arm around my shoulders in a comforting way. I look up and him and smile my thanks. suddenly I see Merle lean over and whisper something in Daryl's ear, which seems to make Daryl pretty mad. mad enough to get up and walk over to his tent. "I'm willing to bet Merle does that a lot," I whisper over to Glenn. "hard to say they are even brothers, the only similarity between them is the redneck attitude,"  he whispers back. We both break into a giggling mess.

Everyone is now looking at us, very confused why we are laughing. "Why ya two laughin'?" Merle asked, making us laugh harder, shaking our heads. "I thinks it's time you two went to bed," Shane said looking at me and Glenn. "Yes sir," Glenn barley got out between his laughs. We both stood up, helping each other, and made our way to our shared tent. There was a few times we almost fell and laughed harder but we soon made it into the tent, just to laugh for the next few minuets.

--------------------Daryl's POV------------------

I was deep in thought when I heard Glenn ask, " Your dad was an officer too right?" Alex nodded, "yeah, him and Shane taught me." Shocked. that was most definitely the expression on my face. Shane ain't her dad? well then who the fuck is? It felt like Amy read my thoughts when she asked, "Shane isn't your dad?" I felt kind of bad for her, everyone asking 'bout her dad when he obviously ain't there. "No... my dad pasted right before we left" I saw Alex look down as she took a bite of her food, no doubt feeling everyones gaze on her.

I see her brother, or who I think is her brother, lean into her side. She looks up at Shane and he gives her a small smile. Glenn reaches over and puts an arm around her, making me furious. Why? Why did that make me mad? If she wanted to fall for the Korean kid then who was I to stop her? Or maybe she likes Shane? He seems to have a small interest in her. then Merle leans over and whispers in my ear. "Mad baby brothe'? Does Chinaman have 'is arm 'ound your princess?" Now THAT made me mad. I stand up and stomp off to my tent.

I'm sitting against the tree in front of mine and Merle's tent carving more bolts for my bow. after a minute or two I here people laughing and look over to see Glenn and Alex laughing like they heard the funniest thing ever. Despite curiosity, I stay sitting and just watching. then I here Merle say something. I don't understand what he said but realize everyone else looks confused as to why they are laughing.  "I think it's time you two went to bed," Shane says to Glenn and Alex. The way Shane looked at them just gave off the vibe that he didn't like them hanging out. The pair stumble to their tent, me watching them, holding back a chuckle as they almost fall.

Once they disappear into the tent I watch everyone else start heading to their tents. "Hey baby Brothe', c'mere." Merle calls over to me. Not wanting to answer, I go into the tent and lay down in your sleeping bag. I hear Merle come in, but thankfully, he ignores me and lays down as well in his sleeping bag.

I lay there a while, thinking 'bout everything, and this world. Then my mind trailed to what Merle had said after Glenn put his arm around Alex. After a while of just thinking I finally close your eyes and call it a night.