Chapter 44

————Alex's POV————
I wake up and see the sun peeking through the windows. I feel Daryl's Arm resting around my waist and smile. I turn and see he took his shirt off to sleep. I feel the heat rushing to my cheeks. He is softly snoring, and I giggle a little. I trace circles on his bare chest and doze back to sleep.

~~~~~~2 hours or so later~~~~~~~
A bang on the window has me startled and Daryl shooting straight up to see what the hell happened. I see dad out the window, he looks pissed. "Get your ass out here right now!" He yells. He starts pacing in front of the door.

"Shit," Daryl mumbles as he throws on his shirt. He gets out and I follow right behind. I shut the door and turn to face him. "What he Hell do you think your doing with my daughter!!" Dad yells. Everyone is staring.

"Dad it's my fault," I say. Daryl tried to cut in, but can't. "No it's not. He is the one over stepping. He knows he definitely shouldn't be sleeping with you!" Dad exclaims. I feel my anger boiling. "So what?! Why does it matter so much?" I shout.

Both Dad and Daryl look shocked I yelled at him, but I couldn't care less. "Thing is, it doesn't. Your the only one who cares so much. Just let it be!! I want to be with him! And I would love for you to agree with it, but if you don't so be it." I say. Dad stands silent, then looks at his feet. "Alright," he says and sighs.

"What?" I ask. It couldn't have been that simple. "Alright. Just don't do anything stupid." Dad says, then walks away. I watch him go, then scan the group staring at us. I can't tell what Daryl is feeling. "I uh, I'm taking a walk," I say and walk off towards the Woods.

————Daryl's POV————
I sigh and watch her leave. Once she is out of sight I find Rick. "What do you want," he says. "I want ya to tell me wat I gotta do to earn ya trust." I say. He sighs. "You have my trust Daryl. Your just not an open book. I know barely anything about you." I look down. "My Story aint worth shit. That was before, I'm different. How I am now is how I will be til death. And I promise I'll protect ya lil girl from everything." I say.

Rick turns and places a hand on my shoulder. "Thank you. Now go find her and tell her I'm fine with you guys, I was just stressed." I give a small smile and nod, then head for the woods. I hear talking and approach quietly. "Your fucking pregnant?" I hear Alex say. "I'm sorry okay?! It just happened!" I hear Lori snap back.

I step out, "everything alright?" I ask. "Fine," Alex says. Lori shakes her head in frustration and heads back to camp. "Yer Dad wanted me to tell ya that he is fine with us... he said he was just stressed and reacted that way." I tell her.

She smiles and looks at me. I smile back. Damn she is perfect. She hugs me, then suggest going back. I agree and we walk back. Once we get back we load up the cars and assign everyone to a car. I'm on the bike with Alex again, and everyone else goes where they want.

"Omg, where is Andrea?!" Lori yells. "I thought she left with you? Maggie says. Lori shakes her head. "I saw her go down, I thought you guys knew?" T dog says. A few people start crying at the news. I sigh and lead Alex to the bike. "Daryl Can i talk to you?" Carol says.

I nod and tell Alex I'll be right there. She pulls me a little farther from the group. "So are you and Alex actually together?" She asks me. I nod. "Oh, okay... I just thought me and you had something," she says. I shake my head. She nods and walks off slowly. I roll my eyes and head back to Alex. She must be blind to think we had something.

I start up the bike and wait for everyone else to get ready then we head off. We head off in search of shelter and food. And with Lori pregnant she will need lots of food.

Just a quick note, I think I'm going to end this book here and do a book two including the prison and stuff. It would take a while because I'd want to write the first few chapters before publishing any, but not sure yet. So comment what you think?