Chapter 26

————Daryl's POV————
Right when we got to the house I set up a camp a little farther from everybody else. After I finished that, I fought the urge to check on Alex, and went hunting instead. Before I left I saw Glenn walk into the house with Rick. I sigh, they might as well be dating already.

I grab my cross bow and walk out into the woods. I walk for about 5 minutes, then I hear something. It's soft, but getting louder. Growling. And a lot of it. I desperately look around for a place to hide. The tree next to me has some low, big branches. I swing my crossbow onto my back and haul myself up. Right when I get up, a herd of walkers start passing by.

That could have been bad... I think as I watch them go by. They are so close to the farm, I'm surprised the farm looks untouched. Once the last walker passes by, I hope down quietly and continue on my way. I hunt some squirrels, rabbit, and even got a deer. It's small, not fully grown, but it will do. I tie my rabbits and squirrels to my rope on my belt and pull the deer over my shoulders and start heading back.

I get back to the farm about 10 minutes later, hard to tell time. I go and place my catch by my fire pit to cook later. Carl comes running out of the house, "they are doing the surgery! Alex is going to be okay!" He yells with Delight to everyone out side. He then bolts back inside. I sigh, I really want to go see her. I sit down by my fire and start cleaning my bow the best I can.

I hear footsteps coming towards me and look up to see Carol. I'm still a little mad at her for hitting Alex, she shouldn't have done that, but I forgive her along with everyone else. "Hey Daryl, need any laundry done?" She ask as she just strolls Into my camp. "No, and if I do I'll do it myself." I snap at her. She looks at me hurt, and regret snapping at her, she is only trying to help.

"Daryl, I know you don't like being near people, But I am always here for you to come and talk." She says softly. I grunt in response and get up to hang my kills on the tree so all the blood flows out. As I finish tying the rope. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I immediately push them away and turn to find Carol with another hurt expression. She walks away and I sigh. Carol is confusing.

~~~~~Time Skip!~~~~~~
———— Glenn's POV————
The surgery is finally done. She is gonna be okay! I fight the urges to run Into the room. Her family should see her first. I sit on the couch in the living room as I wait for Rick, Lori, And Carl come out. The wait isn't so bad though, there is a really pretty girl sitting by me. We were talking earlier. Her name is Maggie. She has short, light brown hair. She also has a southern Accent, just like her sisters and brother.

Her sisters, Patricia and Beth, are pretty to, but for some reason I'm attracted to only Maggie. Her brother, Daniel, seems to be interested in Alex, even though he hasn't even met her yet. I smile at the though of her finding love, but then realize she might not like him that way.

She likes Daryl for crying out loud. I don't know what she sees in Daryl, but I know she is very attracted to him. I'm broken from my thoughts as I hear Rick call my name, inviting me into the room. I nod and he goes back in. I sigh and stay sitting. I'm so nervous, but don't know why. "Glenn, your Girlfriend is fine. Go see her." I hear Maggie say softly. I sigh, "she is not my girlfriend. She is more like a sister, even though her dad wants us to get together." I explain.

I look over and swear I saw a small wave of relief wash over Maggie's face when I said we are not dating. I small a little then get up and watch into Alex's room. I see Rick and Carl on one side of the bed and Lori standing against the wall. I also see Daniel standing against a different wall. Patrica and Herschel left. I make my way over to the other side of the bed, and Grab her hand.

"Wake up soon Alex, I can't loose my only family. Your like my sister, you can't leave me." I whisper, but I know everyone in the room heard. Daniel walks out, but I pay no attention. I sit there for a while longer, then everyone in the room leaves. I sit there a little longer, then also leave. As I walk out of the bedroom door I run into Daryl.

I give a confused look and he starts stuttering. "I was only... uh.... here to uh..." he trails off and sighs, looking at his feet. "Go see her, she isn't awake yet." I say softly. He nods and walks in her room. He leans against the wall and I smile and walk downstairs. I have a feeling that Daryl Dixon has feelings for her.