Chapter 4

-----------------Alex's POV----------------

I woke up to the sun hitting my face through the small gap in the entrance in the tent. I stretched and laid back down to sleep when I hear Shane. He sounded mad. I get up and dressed and walk out of the tent. I see Shane Talking to Merle in a hushed voice. Yup, definitely mad. I look over and see Glenn, shaking his head at me. I shrug and walk over to Shane and Merle. "Hey guys,' I say, smiling, once I'm close enough. "Hey ther' Sunshine, I was just leavin'." Merle says with a smile and a glance at Shane. "Alright, guess I'll see you around," I respond and turn towards Shane.

"Uh, Uncle Shane, are you okay?" I was pretty concerned why he was so mad. "Don't go near him, ever," he replies sternly. "What? You can't do that!" I answer, louder then intended. "Yes, I can!" He snaps back, practically yelling. I take a step towards him, "you aren't my dad," I say in a deep tone.

Next thing I know is I'm on the ground holding my cheek. My cheek sting like crazy. I look at my hand and see a line of blood. He slapped me... I looked up and see Daryl on top of Shane, punching him. Merle runs up and grabs Daryl and yanks him off. Shane go to stand up and Glenn holds him back.

I feel Mom pulling me to my feet before walking over to Shane. "Lori..." Shane says before getting slapped. she walks back over and takes Carl back over to Sophia and Carol. Glenn lets go of Shane and walks over to me. I Stare at Shane as he walks away, back to his tent.

"You okay?" Glenn ask me and I focus my attention on him. I wrap my arms around his torso. "Yes," is all I say before I start to cry. He returns the hug and walks me back to the tent to fix up the cut on my cheek. "I can fix the cut, but I cant fix the hand print," Glenn says while walking back. I look up at him. "It's fine," I say with a smile before entering the tent.

------------Shane's POV-------------

"Don't go near her, don't even talk to her. Understand?" Merle looks at me like it all flew over his head. "Understand?" I repeat, a little harsher. "What if I don't? What ya gonna do 'bout it? Arrest me?" Merle says with a chuckle. I was about to respond when Alex came up. "Hey guys," she said while smiling, a smile that made guys go crazy. A smile that can actually get me to go crazy. A smile I never want Merle to see again. She is to vulnerable, easy to play, easy to manipulate.

"Hey ther' Sunshine, I was just leavin'." Merle says with a smile and a glance at me. I REALLY wanted to punch him. He literally did exactly what I told him not to do. "Uh, Uncle Shane, are you okay?" Alex asks me, sounding pretty concerned. "Don't go near him, ever," I reply sternly. "What? You can't do that!" Alex says, louder then I would have liked. "Yes, I can," I snap back.

I hate being like this, but she needs to listen, for her own good. Its gonna be even harder when I think she shouldn't go near Glenn a lot either. don't get me wrong, Glenn is a good guy, but I doubt he can protect her like I can. She steps towards me, almost I'm a threating way. "You aren't my dad." That sentences sends me over the top. how dare she argue with me? Then I slapped her, I lost control in my rage and slapped her. she fell on the ground holding her cheek.

All of the sudden someone knocks me down. It was Daryl. He is on top of me, punching me. I can't think straight. Suddenly Daryl is lifted off my by his brother. I get up and take a step towards him when I feel someone holding me back. "Don't Shane, we need you to lead us, not start fights," Glenn whispers in my ear. I stop pulling and just stand there. I'm furious that Glenn is holding me back, but I think it changed his mind about him right then and there.

Lori walks up to me. "Lori..." I say before she slaps me, just like I slapped her daughter. Glenn lets go and walks over to Alex. I see my hand print on her face. I turn and walk back to my tent and I see Daryl walking towards the woods with his cross bow, probably to hunt.

~~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~~~~

---------------Alex's POV---------------

Once Glenn was finished tending to my cheek, I went out of the tent and over to the Dixon's tent. "Hey Merle, where is your brother?" I ask while looking around. "Hey Sunshine, up and moving' already?" He ask, not answering my question. "I didn't break a leg, now where is Daryl?" I ask again, getting the point across. "Hey calm down Girly, don't ya wanna hang with ol' Merle?" He ask, again, avoiding the question.

"Merle, I'm not here to just talk to you. I need to talk to Daryl, now where the fuck is he?" I say, with a bit of annoyance in my voice. "He went off into the woods." Merle finally answers. "Thank you," I reply while walking towards the woods. I walk for a little bit till I finally found him sitting by the river. "Hey Daryl," I say so I don't alert him and get a cross bow to the face. Unfortunately, I still got a cross bow aimed at my face, but he instantly took it down when he saw it was me.

He stood up and asked. "Why are ya here?" I frown, "because Dummy, I'm here to thank you for beating the shit out of Shane." He comes up to me and looks at my cheek. "It was nothin', he shouldn't have hit ya." He put his hand on my cheek and I tense up. Ughhh Don't tense up! He rubs he thumb across the cut, still looking at my cheek. I take my hand and gently grab his wrist, making him tense up as well. Ooh this should be fun, lets mess with Daryl . I smirk at this thought. "What's so funny?" He asked. "Nothing," I respond and smile at him. He must have realized his hand was still on my cheek because he quickly pulled it away.

"Well I'm glad your okay," He went over to where he was sitting. Wait, was he... Blushing?? "Daryl..?" I asked, questioning what I was doing. I went over and sat by him. "Yeah?" he answered while looking at my dark brown eyes with his Icy blue ones... I look away, fighting the blush. Do I.. Like him...? No, I can't. Shane would kill me, and him. "Never mind," is all I manage to say. I feel his arm on my shoulder. "Ya sure?" he ask me. I just nod.

Vote and comment :)