Chapter 22

————Daryl's POV————
I watch Carol slap Alex and I stand there in shock. Rick looks just as shocked as me. Actually, everyone is pretty shocked. "I'm sorry," Alex says to Carol so softly, I barely hear it. "Sorry isn't good enough," Carol snaps back, then walks away.

"I know." Alex responds before walking away. By now rage is boiling in me. She slapped her. I don't know about Rick, but I'm gonna speak my mind. Well, most of it. I walk over to Carol. She looks really upset, but I could care less. "Carol, what the fuck is wrong with you?!" I say kind of loudly.

"She left my daughter out there Daryl! How do you want me to react?" She defends. "How 'bout ya keep ya hands off 'er!" I yell in her face. She is on the edge of crying now, but that would only be a bonus satisfaction. "I'm sorry Daryl okay? Everyone I care about I lose because of her one way or another." Carol said, looking down at her feet.

"The Hell that mean? She only lost your daughter. And even then she didn't." I state. I cross my arms as she looks up at me. I want an answer, and she can see that. "Just drop it, please." She says softly.

"Nah, tell me." I say. I need to know. Alex didn't kill Ed. Didn't lose Sophia. So what she talking about? "She took you from me!" Carol says harshly. I stand there shocked. What? "What's that mean??" I question. It better not be what I think it is.

"I liked you, still do. Ed kept me from you. Shane tried to keep her from you and your brother. Now Ed is gone and Shane isn't her boss, yet she still managed to take you. Daryl she is about 10 years younger then you! Why did you choose her?" Carol says. I don't answer, I need to process what she said.

She likes me? That's new. How am I supposed to react? I don't like her. And Alex didn't take me... did she? Is that what it looks like? Is that what it is? My thoughts were interrupted by Carol Kissing me. I couldn't react. Her hands went into my hair, and on my chest. I didn't kiss back, I just stood there.

Move Daryl!! Back away! Push her off! What if Alex sees? What does Alex have to do with this?!

————Alex's POV————
After a few minutes of just sitting with Carl, again, we headed back to the group. We were walking, then I suddenly stopped. Movement caught my eye, a little away from the group. It was Carol... And Daryl.... they were kissing. Something inside me dropped, broke, shattered, and I know it wouldn't be fixed easily. I had no idea what it was though.

I couldn't control myself, no matter how many times I said to walk away. "And you tried to tell me I was with Glenn. At least I didn't ever kiss him!" I yell in their Direction. Carol jumped away from Daryl and Daryl spun so fast. Guilt washed his face, and Carol had a smug smile on hers. "Alex, it's not what it looks like!" Daryl yells.

"Save it. I don't even know why I care. How about you guys go fuck in a car? I won't give a fuck!" I yell back as I turn and walk away. Carl trails behind me, seeming confused. I'm confused too. My mind kept yelling at me.

Something was telling me what I just said was wrong. Saying I did care. Saying to run back and apologize and hear him out. But it wouldn't give me reasons. Told me I already knew. I tried to push it away as I got to the rest of the group. "Hey, you okay?" Dad asked me. He must have seen my mood. He is good like that.

Next thing I know I'm hugging him, crying into his chest. I see Glenn come up, then here Daryl yelling my name. I also here Carol laughing. It's quiet, but there. Glenn's face fills with anger and I see him walk away. I let go of dad and chase after him. "Glenn no!" I yell. He doesn't listen.

"The fuck you do to her!" He yells at Daryl's face. Daryl doesn't answer, just looks guiltily. "Glenn please!" I plead. Everyone is watching. "No Alex! He keeps hurting you and I'm done. You know what you mean to her? Do you even know what she means to you?! You don't, do you. You're to up in your head. You can't realize shit! Even if I wrote it down and told you 100 times I bet you still wouldn't get it!"

I'm crying again. I don't know what Daryl means to me. Obviously something big. But i know what I am to him. Just a girl, leader daughter, that he was forced to share a room with, forced to ride in a car with. Just some girl that is surviving with him. Nothing else. I promise you that.

"Glenn..." I sob. I want, no, need him to stop. What he is saying is affecting me. Probably more then it was affecting Daryl. "No, I'm sorry Alex but I need to know what he did this time." He says. I don't argue, there is no changing his mind. "She... We... We were talking. She said some stuff that I rather not repeat. Then I was... thinking, process what she said. Then she kissed me. Surprised the hell outta me. I didn't react. Just stood there." He explained. He was looking at the ground.

"You know you liked it." Carol comments. I had it. "Bet he did. Carol I know I messed up with a lot of shit. I know you don't like me. Especially not now. I'm not even gonna try to stop you and Daryl. Why would I? Go have another kid, because your is probably dead right now." I snap. She looks shocked, so is everyone else. I shake my head and head into the RV. I hear Glenn yelling again. So is Carol, Shane, and Lori.

I sigh and block out the sound and try to get as much sleep as possible.