Chapter 28

————Alex's POV————
I wake up and stretch, careful to not rip my ditches bullet wound. I throw off the covers and move to a sitting position on the side of the bed. I wince a little as my wound sends a sharp pain through my body. I take a second, then gently stand. I take a few slow steps towards the door. I open the door, and smell food. Food... I make my way down stairs into what looks like the kitchen.

I see Daniel making eggs. He turns, "well good morning Alex," He says kindly. "Morning Daniel," I respond. "You can call me Danny," He says as he hands me a plate of eggs. "Alright, thanks." I say as I take a seat at the table. A few minutes later Dad and Daryl walk in, from what I guess talking about finding Sophia. Man I miss her.

"Morning Dad, Morning Daryl," I say to the pair. Dad nods, "Morning," Daryl says in his gruff voice. I look down at my plate of eggs to hide the small blush coming to my face. I hear the door open again and look up to see Glenn. Our eyes lock and he quickly makes his way to the seat next to me. "How are you?" Is he first words.

I let out a small laugh, which hurts a little so I stop. "Good morning to you too Glenn," I say. He laughs a little as well. "I've been better," I say answering his previous question. He nods. Daniel comes over and hands him a plate of eggs, "Daniel," He says holding out his hand. "Glenn," Glenn says, shaking Danny's hand. Daniel smiles and walks back to the stove.

I finish eating and Glenn takes my plate to the sink for me. Once he returns, I convince him to take me outside. He walks with me to the door, then holds it open for me. I giggle a little and follow him out. The farm is beautiful, has Chickens and Horses and a well. It looks completely untouched by the world now.

I see our tents set up near the cars and head over. There I see Dad and Shane talking about how to find Sophia. "Here is a map," Maggie says handing one to Dad. Dad nods his thanks, then unrolls the map out onto the car. "We can now separate into sections," he explains. I look over at Glenn and see he isn't paying attention. I follow his gaze and see he is looking at Maggie.

"Awww does Glenny boo have a crush?" I tease him quietly so nobody else will hear. "At least I'll get mine before you get Daryl," he shoots back. "Oh really? Challenge accepted." I say teasingly. We listen to the rest of the plan. "I don't want anyone carrying guns on my land." Herschel says. "Can the watch man have one? It will help my people be willing to give theirs up." Dad ask. Herschel thinks for a minute then agrees. Dale is out on watch and mostly everyone else heads to there tents.

Tomorrow will be gun training and finding Sophia. I sigh as I watch everyone leave. "How's your wound," I hear a gruff voice behind me say. I turn and meet bright blue eyes. "It's better," I say. Daryl nods, wanna go hunting then?" He ask. I'm a little shocked, Daryl never goes hunting with anyone.

"Uh.. Sure." I say. He nods and tells my dad. "Rick, I'm taking Alex hunting." He says. Dad seems a little hesitant but agrees. "Woah, hunting? I don't think that's a good idea with that wound," I hear Daniel say. "I'll make sure she is fine," Daryl snaps. Daniel nods with a glint of fear in his eyes. We head out into the woods," you know you didn't have to be so rude to Daniel," I say to Daryl. I don't know where the confidence came from, but it's here now.

Daryl stops walking, "I don't like him," he says. "Why? He Is pretty nice," I argue. Daryl grunts and continues walking. Anytime he catches a rabbit or a squirrel, he hands it to me. After a while we have a good amount of food, so we head back. We were almost back when Daryl pushed me up against a tree. I was about to yell at him when his finger when to his mouth.

Then I heard it, the growls. Then I saw them, a heard of walkers, walking right past us. My breath caught In my throat as I watched the walk by. Finally they were gone. Daryl gets off of me and starts walking back again. I blush a little and continue behind him.