Chapter 30

———— Alex's POV————
I wake up and stretch a little, keeping my wound in mind. I get up and quickly brush my hair, then head down stairs. "Good morning Alex," Herschel says as I walk to the front door. "Morning Dr. Greene," he laughs and I head out. I see Glenn and Maggie getting horses. Looks like they are leaving. "Glenn!" I call out. He turns and walks towards me.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask. "On a quick run into town." He responds. I nod, "don't have too much fun with her," I tease. He starts blushing. "Whatever. We will be back soon," he says as he hugs me. "Stay safe," I whisper. He is about to say always when Maggie speaks up. "Awe you too are cute," I hear a little jealousy. "Oh no Maggie, not like that." I say and we all laugh.

Glenn walks off with her to the horses and I go to relieve Dale of watch for a while. "Hey Alex, good to see you. What brings you here?" Dale asks. "I want to keep watch for a while." I respond. He nods and hands me the gun, then goes to either take a nap or talk to Andrea.

I watch around camp and watch Daryl ride off on another horse. Must be looking for Sophia. Carol waved him goodbye and Anger boils inside me. "Hey Alex," I hear a familiar voice say. I turn and see Beth Greene, the youngest of them all. "Hey Beth, need something?" I ask.

"I was wondering if maybe I could hang up here with you? Maybe you could teach me how to keep watch?" She ask shyly. I smile, "of course!" She looks up and smiles. We sit up there for quite some time talking about watch related things then random things about before.

After a few hours of hanging and laughing with Beth, i see Glenn and Maggie come back. And Glenn is all smiles. He heads to Lori and hands her something, then comes up to the RV. Beth sees him and excuses herself. He climbs up, still smiling.

"Glenn, what happened?" I ask quietly. He grins, "you won't believe me," He explained. "Try me." He sighs and tells me. "We... well, we had sex," he says bluntly. He starts blushing though. "OMG GLENN!" I practically yell. "HUSHHHH" he says quickly, covering my mouth. I laugh, and he quickly joins me. "So are you guys together?" I ask. He stops smiling. "I don't know. When we came back she didn't want to talk to me. I guess we will see how it plays out." He sighs.

I look down at my feet, wishing I didn't ask. Andrea comes up and takes watch. Me and Glenn leave and I go to hang with Carl. We do some math Problems before he asks me a question. "Do you think she is dead?" I look at him and sigh. "Before all this... 48 hours you would look for the person. After that, you look for a body. Now this is the Zombie apocalypse and it's been over 48 hours. But we can't be sure if anything. Not yet." I explain to her. I see his head drop and he nod.

I pull him Into and hug and hold him there. "Walker!!" I hear Andrea yell. I groan, if there is a walker then why would she yell? I get up and tell Carl to stay, then head over to the RV where everyone is gathering. The walker looks very familiar. But I don't know why. "I bet I could kill it from here," Andrea brags. "No, we will go get it." Dad says, grabbing his knife. A few others follow. I start following, when Daniel try's to hold me back. I shove his arm away and catch up to Dad and Shane. Dad lifts his gun, "no Dad it's Daryl!" I say. "How many times are you gonna hold that up to me? Are you ever gonna shoot?" Daryl ask sarcastically. I hold my laugh, then a gun goes off, and it wasn't dads. Daryl falls and I hear Andrea cheer. Suddenly I'm screaming and running towards Daryl, the guy older than me, the guy I have a crazy crush on. He can't die, he just can't. Dad gently but quickly pushes me back.

"I didn't actually mean shoot," Daryl mumbles. At least he is alive. I race back ahead of them, yelling to get Herschel ready. Daniel nods and races inside. I hunch over and catch my breath at the RV. "Omg Im so sorry! I didn't know," Andrea explained. "Like Hell you didn't know. We told you we would handle it and you go and Fire anyway!" I yell at her. I know it's not totally her fault, but he could have died. He could still die.

Today is definitely not a good day. I watch them carry him Inside. I stumble inside and sit in a chair, waiting for someone to come get me when they are done. I doze off as I wait....