Chapter 29

---------Daryl's POV--------

I push myself off of Alex and start walking back immediately. I felt the heat rising to my cheeks as I fought off the blush. Damn the things this girl could do to me. We are almost out of the woods when I hear her speak, "Thank you." I stop walking and turn around. "For wha?" I ask. My blue eyes meet her dark ones, and I fight every urge to kiss her. Wait what? "For uh.. you know... When the walkers passed. I would have walker right out in front of them." She says as she looks down at her feet. I look over her for a minute before responding, "Its nothin'." She nods and we continue walking. We get to the truck when Shane runs over. "Where the hell you been?" He yells at Alex.

"I took 'er huntin'," I answer, stepping in between them. Alex steps back, "Did I ask you?" Shane snaps. I take a step forward when I feel a hand on my chest. I glance over and see Carol. "Don't do that," She says. "Oh good job Carol, keeping her boyfriend in check," Alex snaps. "Alex we-" Carol cuts me off. "You should be looking for my little girl," Carol snaps back. "No, I should be looking for her body because her mom can't keep track of her." Alex says before stomping away. I watch her go, trying to form words to say.

Then I see Daniel come up to her. I can't hear them, but it looks like they are talking. Next thing I know he has his arm around her and is leading her inside. Anger boils up inside me. "Daryl you okay?" Carol ask me. "Stay away from me, women." I snap at her, then walk to my tent, leaving her there.

--------Alex's POV--------

I walk towards the house, I need Glenn. that's my first thought. I hear the house door open and look up hopefully, but it's not Glenn. It's Danny. I sigh inwardly as he comes up to me. "Hey Alex, You okay?" He ask me. "I just need to talk to Glenn," I say. He nods and points to the house. "He is inside." I nod my thanks and start walking. I feel his arm wrap around my shoulders. I am about to push him off but realize Daryl I probably looking, so I fight the urge.

I mean Danny isn't bad looking, so Daryl might believe I would date him. I shake the thoughts from my mind as he opens the door for me. "Thanks," I mutter before walking in. I see Glenn and Maggie on the couch talking. "Oh hey Alex," Maggie says. I love her accent. "Hey Maggie. Glenn can I talk to you?" I ask. "Yeah sure," He says as he gets up. "I'll be right back," he says to Maggie. She nods and smiles and I can see Glenn trying not to blush.

We start walking out and I giggle. "What?" He asks very confused. "You silly. But she is a good one." I say. He starts blushing bright red and I laugh. "Yeah well Daniel isn't bad either." He says. I stop laughing. "I don't like Daniel like that...." I trail off. Glenn looks at me. "Why not? He is around your age and isn't bad looking. Plus he is into you. He asked me about you and told me." Glenn explains. I just shake my head. "oh, well it was worth a try," he says, then we both start laughing.

"So why did you bring me out here?" Glenn asked. I sigh, "Just wanted to talk and get my mind off everything." He nods and doesn't push the issue. We are talking a little more about him and Maggie when my mom comes up and hands him a list. "I need the things on this list, but can we keep it secret?" She asked him in a whisper. He nods and she thanks him. Next Daniel comes up, "Hey Alex, you should go rest. You've been up all day and that wound might get worst." He explains.

I nod and say goodnight to Glenn, then make my way to the house. I would go back to sharing a tent with Glenn but Herschel, Maggie, and all the other Greene's insist I take the bedroom again incase they need to check on me. I head up to the room and close the door behind me. I grab a pair of clean Pj's, and write a small note telling the Greene's thanks for washing my clothes.

I head into the bathroom to change and rush my teeth. When I open the bathroom door to enter my room I jump and almost scream. Dad starts laughing, "Sorry Kiddo. Didn't mean to scary you. How do you feel?" I give my side a little stretch and wince. " It's better." I say. He nods.

"Well I just wanted to check on you. Carl wants to hang out for a few minutes with you if that's alright." Dad explains. I smile widely, "Of course he can! Send him in here." I say and we both laugh. Dad walks out to get Carl. Not even a minute later he comes running through the door and hugs me. I hug back and small. "Hey scrub." I say. He looks up at me with is wonder filled blue eyes. Then he laughs, I love hearing him laugh in a time like this.

"Want me to read you a story?" I ask. He nods and picks one off the shelf as I settle Into the bed. He runs back with one about dragons, then climbs in next to me. I wrap my arm around his shoulder as he snuggles into my side. I smile and start reading.

---------Daryl's POV--------

I sat in my tent, replaying the events of the day. I sigh and shake my head, I need to explain everything to her. I get up and throw on a shirt and shorts, then head to the Greene's house. As im walking up the porch steps, Daniel opens the front door. I growl a little. God I hate this kid. "What do you want?" He ask me in a low voice. Does he really think he can intimidate me? "To speak wit Alex," I respond.

"Why?" He asks me. I would go straight in but he is blocking the door. "Da hell you mean why? Because I needa talk to 'er," I snap.  I step up to his face and he takes a step back. I smirk. "What is going on here?" I hear Herschel say. "He wants to go see Alex." Daniel explains. "I don't see a problem with that son." Herschel says confused.

While Daniel is searching for words I speak, "Thanks," then walk right past them both up to her room. I hear her talking through the crack in the door and peek inside. "The end," She says and she closes a book. Carl yawns and hugs her. They exchange a few more words I cant hear, then her comes to head out.

He opens the door and I act like I just got here and was gonna knock. "Hey Daryl," He says then yawns. "Hey kid, you should go to bed 'ight?" I tell him. He nods and heads away. I look back in the door and see Alex smiling. Our eyes meet and I blurt out what I came to say. "I'm sorry. I really don't like Carol like that at all and I know that you and her aren't on good terms. But im lookin' for her lil girl and I need to talk to her and...." I trail off and meet her gaze. "It's fine. You don't have to break your friendship with her because we don't get along." I stand there for a minute before nodding and walking out. I shut the door behind me and head back to my tent.

Comment your thoughts and vote