Chapter 12

----------Alex's POV----------

We have been walking for about 30 minutes now, I was in the lead with the others not far behind. "Damn she's got a lot of stamina," T says, Dad just chuckles. I shake my head, "we are close, maybe another 10 minutes," I yell back to them. Then I heard a scream, and it was from the direction of camp.

I bolted, the others ran as well but I was way faster then all of them, even Glenn. I get to camp and see it swarmed with walkers. I pull out my gun and start shooting off rounds, not missing a single shot. The others get there, Glenn in the lead, and do the same. We are down to a few walkers and my gun ran out of bullets.

I grab my knife and kill a walker approaching me. I go to pull my knife out, but it's stuck. I yank on it a few more times. Finally it came flying out, but I wasn't ready for it to. I flew back and fell, dropping my knife. I walker come and falls on top of me. I put my arm against it neck to keep it from biting me. I turn and see my knife, but if I reach for it, the walker will have a clear biting at my neck.

So this is how I die? Protecting the people I love? Guess that's the best way in this world. I look into the walkers eyes. They are a grey murky color, but you can tell they were once a bright green. I sigh as I feel my arm giving out slowly under the walkers weight. I close my eyes, waiting to get bit, when suddenly the walker weight is gone.

I open my eyes and see Daryl drop the walker that was once on me. It was dead. He saved me. I look at the walker and stare at it for a minute, processing that I'm still here, I'm still alive. I look back at Daryl and see he has his hand out. I grab his hand and he pulls me up like I weigh nothing at all.

"Thank you." I say quietly, not making eye contact. He grunts in reply and walks away. I sigh and start looking for my family. I see carl and run and hug him. Then I hug Mom and Dad. Lastly I hug Glenn. "What's the hug for?" Glenn questions. "Just because." I answer. He chuckles and returns the hug.

When I pull away I see Dad looking at us, smirking. "What?" I ask him. He just shakes his head and leads Glenn away to talk. I don't want to be nosey, but I got to know why he was smirking. I kneel behind a tent within ear shot and listen.

"Thank you Glenn." I hear Dad say. "For what?" Glenn asks, sounding pretty confused. "For being there for my daughter, I can tell your important to her." Dad replies. "Well, What else are best friends for?" Glenn laughs. "You know, If you want to be more than friends with her, you have my consent." Dad says.

My jaw drops. Dose Glenn like me like that? I don't like him like that, Do I? No I don't think I do. "Look, that's great and all, but I don't like your daughter like that. She is a great person, and great best friend, and all of the above. But not like that." Glenn says, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I let out a sigh I didn't even know I was holding. "Oh, Alright. But still, my consent is out there if you ever want it in the future." Dad says. I shake my head and hold back a laugh as I walk back to me and Glenn's tent.

Glenn comes in a minute later. "Did you have a good talk with my dad, it was very interesting." I say to him. He looks at me shocked, "You heard?" He asks. "Yeah I was hiding behind a tent," I respond with a laugh. Glenn laughs too.

Shane come into the entrance of the tent, "Pack everything you don't need tonight, in the morning we will finish packing. We are going to the CDC in hope of a cure for Jim, He was bit." I gasp at the news of Jim and cover my mouth with my hands. Shane see this and says, "Don't worry about him, he is fine for now. Just get some rest, both of you." Glenn nods for both of us and we lay down.

I roll around, trying to get comfy, but I can't. The news of Jim, has me too shooked up. I sigh and just lay on my back. I lay there for about 15 minutes before I hear Glenn Speak. "Hey Alex, you awake still?" He ask. "Yeah, I can't sleep. I'm worried for Jim." I answer. I hear movement, and see Glenn's outline moving across the tent, finally stopping when he is laying next to me. Glenn stays still for a minute, like he is thinking before pulling me to him.

My back gently brushing against his chest. "Get some sleep Alex." He whispers in my ear. I nod softly, and surprisingly, go to sleep.

Vote and comment :)