Chapter 16

-------Rick's POV--------

"Rick please, try to understand. I thought you were dead!" I hear my wife- No, Ex wife plead with me. I shake my head and keep driving. "Please Rick just answer me." She says, while sobbing. I snap, "No Lori! I don't have to answer you! I don't have to do anything you want!" I scream.

Her eyes get wide, and she continues crying. "How long Lori." I ask softly. She doesn't answer. "How. Long." I repeat Harshly. "Since the beginning. Since he said you were dead." She mumbles, not looking at me. "Why?" I ask. I'm still confused on why he would.

"Rick..." She starts. "No, Tell me why." I say sternly. she sighs, "it's the end of the world. Shane isn't a bad guy either. I mean he is cute, nice, protective...." She trails off. "So what? You like him? He better than me?!!!" I yell, looking at her through the mirror.

Again, She doesn't answer. "Fine, be with him. He will protect you right?!" I yell again. She looks up and sees I'm dead serious. "That's what he has been doing the whole time. He wouldn't mind doing it again. He loves the kids-" I cut her off, "No Lori! He will protect You! The kids are mine." I state firmly.

She looks shocked. "You can't take the kids from me!" She yells, and starts crying again. "Lori stop crying! You did this, Not me! The kids are mine. If they want to see you, they can. But you are Not going near them without my permission." I tell her.

"Let them choose." She says. I shake my head. I can't lose my kids And my wife to my bestfriend. "Please Rick, its only fair." She says. I know she is right, but I still shake my head no. "They can still see you, talk to you. You are still there mom." I state. She doesn't argue anymore. A few minutes later the RV stops. Everyone gets out and heads towards the big building. We finally made it.

I Tell everyone to raise there weapons, then lead them towards the building. The shudders are closed. I try pushing on them, banging, everything. "Rick there is nobody here!" I hear Lori yell. A few people take a few steps towards the cars. Just then, the camera moves. "Hey. Hey, wait! The camera moved! I saw it!" I yell. I start banging again, ignoring everyone telling me it didn't, it was just my mind.

It moved... "Hey! Don't leave us out here, we have kids! Family's! your killing us!!!" I yell at the camera. then the doors open, and light floods out. "Anyone bit?" We hear a man from inside yell. "No." I tell him. "Alright, get all your stuff Once these doors close, they wont open again." He says it in a low voice, but I don't think anything of it. A few people run back and grab the stuff.

"In order to stay, you have to summit a blood sample." The mystery man tells us. "We can do that." I say happily. He closes the doors and introduces himself, "I'm Dr. Jenner." He says, holding out his hand. "Rick Grimes." I say shaking his hand. He leads us down a elevator and to a really big room full of computers, but no people...

"Vi, turn on the lights in the big room." Jenner says. Suddenly, the lights turn on. "Where is everyone?" T ask. "Just me." Jenner answers, motioning me to a chair for a blood test. "Then who is Vi?" Glenn ask. Jenner lets out a small laugh. "Vi, say hello to our guest. Tell them... Welcome." Jenner says to whoever Vi is. "Hello, welcome." A computer voice answers.

--------Alex's POV--------

So, we can here to find a cure, but instead we find a guy and his computer assistant. Great. I was next to Carl, near the front of the line. "Next." Jenner says. Carl doesn't go, he is scared of needles. "Here, ill go and show you its okay." I tell him. He nods and I go and sit. Im looking at him the whole time. When its done, I get up. "See?" I tell him. He sits in the chair and grips my hand.

When it was done he gets up, still holding my hand. "Wow Carl, Your brave." I hear Sophia say. He smiles and reassures her as she sits. I smile and lead him to where Dad and Mom are talking. Dad sees us coming. "Alex, Carl. Mom and I are... Splitting up Because she wants to be with Shane." Dad explains. Trying to use words Carl understands. Carl understands perfectly.

I see a little anger in his eyes, along with tears. I squeeze his hand softly as Dad continues. "So, we wont be near each other. Now, you will still be able to talk to mom. Hang out with her. But like sleeping in tent and rooms, Your with me. Okay?" He tells us. We both nod our heads. I know Carl will still go around Mom, but I doubt I will. And if I ever do again, it will be a very long wait.

"What about us brother? Are we cool?" Shane ask softly. Dad thinks for a minute, " I guess. I can't be mad she fell in love with you. I just gotta get use to it. But for the most part we are cool. Gotta be to continue living Right? And Lori, don't talk to me unless it's necessary." Dad says calmly. Shane and Mom nod in agreement. Mom actually looked happy standing next to Shane. I will miss the past, out perfect family. But I'm glad she is happy, she hasn't been happy in a while.

After everyone finished, Jenner leads us to our rooms. "You guys need to pair up, not that many rooms. There is a playroom in the back for the kids. But don't plug in the video games. And go easy on the hot water, its not unlimited." Jenner says before leaving us to pick our rooms. "Did he say hot water?" Glenn ask. "That's what the man said." T-dog reponds before both of them run into a room.

So Glenn and T have one room. Shane and Lori in another. Carol and Sophia. I convinced Dad to go with Carl. Dale and Andrea. Leaving me and Daryl. "We just always end up together don't we?" I joke, walking into the last open room. He grunts and follows. "I call shower first!" I yell, grabbing clean clothes and running to the bathroom, slamming the door.

"Just hurry up girly." He calls. I get butterflies with the nickname, but ignore it and start the shower. I strip my clothes off and look into the mirror. I barley recognize myself. Im covered in walker blood and dirt. I sigh and hop into the warm shower. Oh how I missed showers.

I squeal when I see a clean, Unused razor. "Ya alrigh'" I hear Daryl call from the other side of the door. "I found a razor!" I call back, Hearing him laugh and walk away. I shave, and wash my hair. then I scrub all the dirt and dead skin off my body. I hop out of the shower and dry off.

I put on some lotion, and brush my hair. I decide to let it air dry. I get dressed and walk out of the shower. "took ya long enough." He grumbles. I roll my eyes and put my dirty clothes in my bag with the rest of them. I find a book on the night stand and start to read, waiting for Daryl. A few minutes later, I hear the bathroom door.

I look up and see him in only a towel. "forgot my clothes," He says while looking down, trying to hide a blush. "Alright." I answer, looking in my book again, trying to hide a blush of my own. He grabs his clothes and walks back into the bathroom. When he comes back out we go to dinner together.