Chapter 32

--------Alex's POV------

I wake up to sunshine in my face, and almost fall out of my tree. I check for nearby walkers before climbing down. "I have to get back," I mumble as I try to map out the way I came. I back track to the neighborhood, then start my hike back to the farm. When I reach the farm I hear Dale yell, "She is back!"

"Oh man, Dad must be pissed," I sigh. I keep walking till I get to the RV, My dad is suddenly wrapping me In a hug. I hug back. "Where were you? I was so worried!" he exclaims. "You weren't the only one Sherriff," I hear a male voice say. Then I see Glenn.

I instantly hug him, then explain what happened, Beth looked terrified about what happened, and was glad I am save. "You could have died, or been stuck in the tree," Herschel says, amazed I am okay. "Just glad I didn't have to go out and find yer ass," I hear the wonderful redneck voice say.

I didn't even realize he was here. "You couldn't find me anyway, your injured and your doctor wouldn't let you leave," I say matter of factly. Daryl snorts, "I don't give a damn id go look for ya anyway." he replies. I feel my face heading up and I look down.

-------- Daryl's POV--------

"I don't give a damn id go look for ya anyway." I say to her. I'm shocked at myself, I actually said that. She looks down and I cant help but wonder why. What I said, I mean it. But if it was anyone else I wouldn't feel exactly the way I do. I was scared when I was told she was gone. I didn't look for her because they held me down.

I sigh, this girl man...... She will be the death of me. after a while people leave, but I stay. "What do you need Daryl?" She asks. I'm taken back by the anger in her voice. "The hell you talkin' bout girl?" I snap back. She lets out an angry sigh.

"How about you leave me alone and hang out with your girl friend." She tells me. What girlfriend? Is the first thought to cross my mind. She must have seen my confused look, "I saw you guys. Talking. Then she kissed yku in the forehead. Look you don't need to hide that you like her too." She says, then gets up and walks away before I can explain.

Carol did kiss me on the forehead. But I was to injured and tired to really do anything. It was just whatever. But then I say Alex walking out, I thought maybe she saw, but Doores by she did. That's probably why she went out. But why? Why does she hate the fact Carol likes me?

It's probably just because they are mad at each other. I sigh and look for where she went. I saw her walking with Daniel, and sitting in the porch with him. I growled and was about to go over there when someone called my name. "Hey Daryl," says a familiar friendly voice.

I turn and see Carol. "Hey," I say flatly. "What's wrong?" She questions me. "Nothing, everything is fine," I replied. But really everything isn't fine. It actually feels wrong. "You can talk to me Daryl," she states. I stay quiet, my eyes on Alex and that fuck boy Daniel.

"It's Alex, isn't it. Daryl forget her, she means nothing to you. She is just a kid. Anything she says doesn't matter. You only think it does because she is Ricks Daughter." Carol says soothingly.

Is she right? Do I only feel like this, whatever this is, because she is Rick's Daughter? Maybe she is right, I feel nothing towards her. I only want to protect her because it's Ricks Daughter. I sigh. I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Want to come with me? You can skin the squirrels and I'll cook them?" She ask.

I agree and walk with her, I feel eyes trained on my and fight the urge to turn. But the urge is too strong, I stop and turn for a quick second, and my eyes meet Alex's. I get a feeling in my chest, it's not normal, I've never had this feeling till the apocalypse. What if Carol is wrong....?

Comment and vote :)