-13- Shot 8 Part Two

So someone (graciously) requested a part two to the one with Richie doing his homework (thank you) sO HERE

ENJOY
Ps. Why did I keep picturing the 1990 versions in shot 8?? They just fit so well???

"Richie, are you going to come to the barrens with us or not?" Beverly asked, leaning against Richie's door frame, arms crossed.

"Shh!" Richie didn't look up from his textbook. "The test is tomorrow, and I have to fucking pass! Maybe if I get an eighty..." He shook his head. "Whatever. No, I'm not. Sorry." He shooed her away, making Beverly roll her eyes.

"Alright, bye," she said, shaking her had and leaving Richie's bedroom. When she came out the front door, she looked over at Eddie. "What have you created?"

Eddie laughed. "Apparently, a hard-working student."

"How?" Stan asked, laughing, and making Eddie blush.

"U-um... I'm not really sure..." He lied. Stan cocked an eyebrow.

"Okay, man," he replied skeptically. "Let's hit it." They hopped onto their bikes, pedalling as fast as possible to the barrens.

The next day after school, Richie seemed extremely anxious. He kept tapping his foot, and fiddling with his fingers nervously.

Eddie knew what was on his mind.

"Richie... Calm down! Really, you look like you're about to explode." Eddie laughed, when they were alone.

"I'm not gonna pass!" he yelled. Eddie jumped in surprise.

"Jesus! Richie, you're gonna be fine," he said, trying to comfort Richie. "Let's go do something with everyone else to take your mind off it." Richie agreed begrudgingly, and soon found himself lost in their activities, forgetting about the test.

The next few days, he didn't think about the test much because he was too distracted with other things—mainly that Eddie and the rest of the losers planned to keep him calm. That Friday, the test marks were to come back, and Richie was really anxious.

"Holy shit, Eddie I'm not gonna pass." He looked extremely worried, sitting in his seat in geography class.

"Richie, look. Just calm down, okay? It's not the end of the world if you don't, and even so I'm sure you will. Don't worry, you'll be fine." He patted Richie's back comfortingly.

"Fuck," Richie breathed. The bell rang and they sprang from their seats, collecting their books. to get to the last class of the day; math. Walking into the classroom, Richie spotted their teacher, eyeing him suspiciously. Shit! he thought. That can't be good.

He sat timidly down at his place right behind Eddie's, dropping his books down on the desk.

"Oh, Lord..." he muttered as their teacher stood, giving the students an unreadable look from through her spectacles.

"So children... Most of you did very well on this test. You should be proud." She looked at Richie, making him sink into his seat uncomfortably. Was he the exception to "most"? He watched as she approached his table, heels clicking on the hard floor. His heart raced as she towered above him, pinching a sheet of paper and pulling it off the top of the pile. Richie's breathing began to quicken, and his whole body tensed up as she placed the paper down on his desk beside his books. He gulped reaching a trembling hand out toward the paper timidly, as his teacher walked away.

He turned the test around to look at the front, scanning her red-marked ink for a number score. His heart pounded, and he could barely read her scrawled cursive, he was shaking so badly. The class was silent except for the sound of papers turning and the teachers heels clicking as Richie spotted his percent mark.