-73- My Pleasure (epilogue)

"What the fuck is this?" Eddie asked, stepping past Richie towards the path of rose petals he was being shooed towards.

"You'll see! I promise. You're gonna like it," he replied.

"You haven't changed," Eddie murmured. "Or perhaps you have? I mean, it isn't even our anniversary, and the beeswax candles are out and lit. You planned something didn't you?"

"Uh," Richie grinned. "Guilty. Now follow the fuckin' path, come on!"

"Shut the fuck up," Eddie breathed, laughing as he followed the trail of red petals and white candles down the short front hallway of the apartment. It opened up into a living room with a kitchen off to one side and a table in the centre of the kitchen. The kitchen table was decorated with more candles (Richie had done some shopping) and two plates filled with something Eddie couldn't quite make out in the low candlelight.

"Richie, you didn't..." Eddie grinned, turning to face his husband.

"I did... my best," Richie replied, itching his neck abashedly.

"Well you are the best," Eddie placed his hand on Richie's cheek, pulling him in for a quick kiss and then sitting down. His heart swelled when he got a closer look at the plating and the cutlery; Richie had gotten out the silver and the red "Fancy Napkins" as he called them. They were folded neatly, the fork and knife tucked into it just like in a restaurant. But what really made him happy was the food on the plate.

It was a plate of green pea-speckled mac and cheese (Richie's favourite and, undoubtedly, the only meal he knew how to cook), with some hot sauce in a little shot glass. When Eddie examined this, Richie was quick to explain the fact that "we don't have one of those little pourer things, it's not a shot".

Taking a deep breath, Richie pulled out his secret weapon from behind him and began playing the opening tune. Eddie burst out laughing, while Richie remained completely deadpan.

He finished the opening music on the purple kazoo, and began to sing and he sprinkled rose petals over his husband.

"We're no strangers to loooove,
You know the rules, and so! do IIIIIII,
A full commitment's what I'm thinking ooofffff,
You wouldn't get this from, any other guyy," he sang, Eddie laughing uncontrollably from where he sat at the table, covered in rose petals.

Richie slapped a hand to his chest, and continued with a fiery passion.
"IIIIIIII just wanna tell you how I'm feeeeliiiiing,
Gotta make you understannnd,
Never gonna give you uuup," he threw his arms around Eddie, singing as he danced around the table with grand, dramatic gestures.
"Never gonna let you do-o-own,
never gonna," he mimed running in slow motion, "run aro-o-ound, and, desert you."

He smiled lovingly, briefly watching Eddie laugh, then continuing his serenade.

"Never gonna make! you! cry,
never gonna... SAY goodby-y-ye,
Never gonna tell a li-i-ie, or hurt you."

With one final musical interlude on the kazoo, Richie finished and took a deep bow, letting his glasses tumble to the floor as Eddie clapped. When he stood back up, Eddie was out of his seat and flying towards him. Richie barely had time to prepare before he was struck at full-speed by his husband's body, and he melted into the warm hug.

Eddie pulled back and, without a word, tugged him into a deep kiss.

When he pulled away again, beaming, Richie scratched his neck again.

"Food's getting cold," he mumbled, making Eddie giggle and turn back to his seat across from where Richie was sitting down. He held up his wine glass, already full of a his favourite dry white which sat out on the table.

"Cheers," he murmured, letting Richie complete the action. They each took a drink, then dug in.

With the first couple bites—although Eddie loved it don't get him wrong—he could tell thanks to the little shards of crispy cheese that it was just a little bit burnt. But he held his tongue; it was endearing.

"Hey, Richie?" he asked.

"Mm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

———

I forgot to say!! I posted this and I Look Good In Stripes on ao3, and hopefully I'm gonna post more as I go along so :) my @ is BlueFruitLoops