-76- Carvings On a White Picket Fence

"So... I've been rehearsing this for like, months now and it's still scary, haha... but, um, what I'm trying to say is that you have always been the light of my life. Ever since we met, you've been the one I look to, wether you know it or not, you're the one I look to to make me happy when I'm not, to pull me out of any fuckin problem I have, even when I have millions. Hell, I could be drowning and I'd still smile just hearing your name. You bring so much happiness and feelings to my life and I don't think it's even possible to understand how much I fucking appreciate that.

"This is definitely gonna get cheesy... Sorry. But there's no better way to word how I feel, it's so stupid and crazy and absolutely– well, normal. Because I feel it every time I fucking look at you're sexy face... seriously! I'm not kidding when I tell you you make me crazy, you make my heart beat out of my chest (and you make me come like crazy, but that's beside the point right now).

"The point is... that for so long now, you've been the only one I think about, the only one I look to for love and for support and happiness, and the only person I cherish so close to my heart. Y'know, uh... We're here, on this stupid old bridge, so I can show you this carving... from so long ago it's been painted over. Twice.

"Eddie, you've always been the only one I love. I want to keep it that way..."

As practiced, Richie pulled the black velvet box from his back pocket, getting down on his knee and snapping it open.

"So even though I suck at oral... Eddie Kaspbrak, will you marry me?"

Richie took a deep breath to reassure himself, then snapped the box shut and stood up, eyeing himself in the bathroom mirror. He adjusted his glasses and smoothed out a stray wrinkle in his collar, then nodded. He was ready to go. Heart pounding out of his chest, he  made sure he had his knife in his pocket so he could redo the carving—with Eddie this time. He unlocked the bathroom door and he walked out.

First to the restaurant, then to the arcade... then the kissing bridge.

"Babe, grab the car keys. Let's roll!"