-83- Got Cake?

Richie stepped up onto Eddie's front porch, rapping his knuckles against the brown door. It was Mother's Day, and he was supposed to bake a cake with him for his mom... of course, he wasn't planning to spare any your mom jokes for the occasion—however, the real reason Richie came was to get some quality time with his, uh, boyfriend.

Mrs. K didn't actually know they were dating so they'd have to keep it under wraps, but it shouldn't be too hard to stay... calm... while baking a cake. Especially one for Mother's Day.

The door swung open, a rather unimpressed Sonia Kaspbrak standing in its frame.

"Wash your hands before every step, Tozier," she muttered, letting him into the house and pointing him towards Eddie, who was in the kitchen getting out miscellaneous ingredients.

"Why of course, Mrs. K," Richie cried triumphantly in his British Man voice, marching straight towards the sink. He turned on the sink, wrung his hands under the water a couple times, then shut it off and wiped his hands on his shirt.

Sonia eyed him. "Properly. Twenty seconds, hot water and soap." (WASH YOUR HANDS!!) Richie rolled his eyes but complied, turning back to the sink and washing his hands "properly".

"Have a good time, and don't forget that I'll be in the next room over. So call me when you're using the oven, I don't want you getting hurt, Eddie bear..." Sonia smiled condescendingly, and waddled off to the next room. When the TV began playing, Eddie turned to Richie.

"I'm surprised she even let us do this... Shall we?" he made a sweeping gesture with his arm, showing off the range of ingredients he'd set out. He certainly had it all—from vegetable oil to baking soda to confectioner's sugar. 

"Fuck, you didn't come to play, huh?" Richie grinned, looking around. "What are these motherfuckers?" he picked up a grey cake pan with little buckles on the side.

"Uh..." Eddie squinted. "Spring... Springform! They're called springform pans, they're made to make cheesecake with. Mommy loves it. Undo the buckle," he suggested, then watched as Richie pulled the buckle and the bottom of the pan clattered to the floor. Richie was left with the ring in his hands as he flinched back from the noise.

He pushed up his glasses. "Yeah, that's cool as fuck!"

"Everything alright in there?" Sonia called.

Eddie cleared his throat. "Yes mommy, it's just the springform pan."

There was a brief pause. "Okay, sweetie. Just don't break it, you know how mommy loves her cheesecake."

"Yes," Eddie muttered, picking it up. He cleared his throat again. "So anyways..."

"Let's get cookin'," Richie winked, earning an eye roll.

"I hate you, let's do it," Eddie huffed, turning to the array of baking materials that awaited on the countertop. "Um..." he began, hesitating. He laughed sheepishly. "Can you reach that cookbook for me?" he pointed to the big blue book on the shelf. "It's just out of my reach."

Richie grinned, beaming cockily. "Aw, well of course Eddie-bear," he chuckled, patting Eddie's head and reaching up. He stretched up, hooking his fingers just barely around the spine of the book. When he pulled it out, it slipped out of his hand and slid further back into the shelf. Richie stepped back and pushed up his glasses with a huff.

"Fuck," he said.

"Well now what do we do?" Eddie muttered.

Richie glanced at him. "Wait, come get on my back," he suggested. Eddie obliged and from there, he could reach up and grab the book. Once on the solid ground, he flipped it open to a bookmarked page and showed Richie the recipe.