Chapter 45 - Meeting: Part Two

Olivia's POV

Jesy just put me in time out, 'cos I was being mean to Josh. But I can't help it, I don't like him being here, taking away my Jesy and my little sister! It makes me upset and I can't help but shouting at him, I don't know what else to do! I didn't want to play with him and Eloise but they were in my room and I like my room, it's always quiet and my monkey and blanket are in there.

I knew that Josh was Jesy's boyfriend even though she just said he was her friend but I'm eight so I knew, they talk to each like our real mummy and daddy used too and they kiss all the time too. 'Cos Jesy's like our mummy now, Josh was gonna be like our daddy and I liked the idea of having a daddy again, because I used to have lots of fun with our daddy but now I don't think I want him too. I just want my real daddy back, not Josh, but I know he can't come back.

Eloise was playing with Josh like she played with our daddy but I don't think she really remembers, I want to play with him like I used to play with our daddy too, but I can't. I don't want a pretend daddy I want our real daddy!

And now Jesy's left me in her room in the corner and gone back to play with Josh and Eloise because their her favourites and she doesn't like me anymore. Jesy loves Eloise 'cos Ellie loves Josh and wants him to be her new daddy and then they can be a family, but I want don't Josh to be my daddy so I don't think Jesy will like me and want me anymore.

All of my thoughts about Jesy not loving me anymore make me upset. She hasn't come back yet and I can't help but crying, I can't help not loving Josh. I wanted to love him and I wanted him to be my new daddy like Eloise but then it was too much and I didn't want him to be not like my old daddy so I didn't want him at all. I didn't want my old daddy to think that I was replacing him.

It was all too confusing and I didn't know what to do! But I didn't want to tell Jesy why I was upset because she might not like me if I tell her that I don't like Josh and I don't want him to be my daddy anymore, 'cos she loves him and it might make her sad.

Jesy's POV

Thankfully Josh completely understood Olivia's meltdown and Eloise was pretty unfazed so they took some toys downstairs to play with. I thought that Olivia would probably want to be in her bedroom with her things, so I suggested that they went downstairs which Eloise was quite happy with as long as she got to play with Josh!

I left Olivia in time out for about ten minutes before going back in to find her hysterically crying her knees pulled up to her chest as she sobbed.

Me: "Hey Olivia! What's the matter? What's going on?" I asked lifting her straight out of the corner and on to my lap.

Olivia: "No, get off!" she said fighting me and sliding off my lap.

Me: "What? What's up, tell me whats the matter, Livy?" I said generally confused as too why she didn't want anything to do with me either!

Olivia: "No, leave me alone!" she said shuffling across the carpet further away from me.

Me: "Okay, okay. I'll leave you. Josh and Eloise are playing downstairs now, so you can go in your bedroom if you like," I said defeatedly. If she wanted to be alone, I figured that was best when she was this upset.

So as hard as it was for me to leave her so distraught and hysterical, I did.

She went in to her bedroom sobbing and curled up on her bed while I went downstairs where Josh and Eloise were playing on the living room floor together.

Josh: "Is she alright, Jess?" he said honestly concerned as I sat on the couch opposite to them.

Me: "No, she's really upset but she clearly didn't want me there so I left her to calm down," I admitted.