54 - Reconcile

Nicki: go on in the kitchen with auntie baby

Summer followed Rihanna to the kitchen while Robert followed Nicki to the living room with Carol and Beyoncé. Robert was looking around the house and was surprised that Nicki was living great considering how she grew up.

They sat down with Nicki and Beyoncé on one couch and carol and Robert on the other.

R: I know I got some explaining to do. And I know that you gotta lot you wanna say so you can go first.

Nicki took a big breath and closed her eyes trying to regulate her breathing before she started to speak.

N: I hate you... I hated you since... the first time I saw you hit mama. The look you had in your eyes wasn't my dad, it was a killer. You tried to kill my mother, you tried to kill me.

She said looking at him with nothing but hatred in her eyes. Robert looked down and took a deep breath.

R: I'm sorry... for everything. You didn't deserve that, your mother didn't deserve that. I should've been a dad and protected you, not hurt you and I'm sorry. I know I did some crazy things and I'm not excusing them at all because I already know that you knew I probably was going through some stuff back then. But I want you to know that I'm here today, I did my time in jail, I've been to rehab for all my problems and I'm here 3 years clean of drugs and alcohol asking for your forgiveness.

Nicki looked in his eyes and she couldn't recognise this man. He wasn't violent or didn't have a temper. He was calm and seemed more mature. But Nicki still wasn't sold.

N: why?... remember when you'd always say sorry to mama, then about a day or two later I'd see you beat her again? If you came back because you want something or you wanted to do some more damage then there wasn't any point because I'm not gonna entertain anything that doesn't make me happy. I got a family to take care of I don't need no distractions.

She said coldly.

R: I understand it's gonna be hard for you to forgive and it's gonna take some time... but I didn't come back to hurt you or to cause you any damage. I love you Onika, believe it or not. You're my daughter, you've always been my princess I just couldn't be the dad I wanted to be. Now I know I can, I just need another chance for me to put this all right.

Nicki sighed. She could see he had changed a lot. She was just scared if he'd turn on her, it'd be like a blast from the past if he did.

R: all I need is for you to be open to try again baby girl. I know my place and I'll do anything for you to know and see that I love you, you and your mother. I'll do anything to get y'all back.

After a minute of thinking nicki took a big breath and stood up facing her dad. He stood up too and they hugged. Nicki wrapped his arms around him tightly and laid her head in his chest.

R: I'm sorry and I love you

He said before he kissed the top of her head. Nicki lifted her head up to look at him

N: we'll work on it.

Robert smiled a little making Nicki do the same.

Nicki called summer and she and Rihanna walked in.

N: I want you to meet someone

Nicki said as she picked up summer and brought her over to her dad.

N: this is grandpa

Summer got shy as she didn't really have much experience with men.

R: hey little lady

Summer locked her legs around her moms waist and hid her face in her neck making them laugh