Chapter 1

"I bet you , Ellie. That you can't go up into the haunted house and touch the door." Collin dared me. His hazel eyes grew with impatience as he waited for my answer. He snapped his finger and pointed to the house on the hill.

The house was falling apart, not to mention no had lived in it for over twenty years. It was said that someone had died in the house and that the ghost of them had no rest.

I look around to Ethan and Sam. Both gave me the same annoying looks. Ethan stared at me with intense blue eyes as he raked a hand through his blond hair while Sam gave me a pursing look with her hazel eyes. She flipped her black hair back and pulled her phone out.

"Why? I don't see the point...it's just a house that's abandoned!" I tell them, putting my own brown hair up into a ponytail.

Collin answered, putting his arm round me, moving me to the sidewalk that leads to the house.

"We dared you and that's it." He said with finality.

With a grudging step and push of the creep gate that opened to the sidewalk, I glanced back at my friends. "I swear to god if you leave, Your not seeing a happy Ellie tomorrow." I threatened before I began my journey to the door. With a sigh, I knocked. And with that, the door swiftly opened and welcomed me into the house.

"Go!" Yelled Sam.

I frown deeply before stepping foot in the house and then turning around to face them. "Happy?!" I shouted.

Ethan and Sam nodded happily with wide smiling faces. Collin smirked. "You can come back to now!"

"About time." I muttered before taking a step towards the outside. Suddenly, the door swung at me, locking behind itself.

"Ethan! Sam! Collin!" I panicked as I tried to open the door. The lock jiggled but never unlocked to open.

Fear pulsated through my veins as I turn around and slump against the door , trying to focus on calming myself down. My heart pounded like a fast drum beneath my finger tips.

Breathe, Ellie

Breathe, Ellie

I forced myself repeatedly. Creaking noises filled my ears as I looked around frantically for any signs of life.

"Hello?" I shout as I pushed myself away from the door and further into the house. Cobwebs dressed the furniture as well as dust. "Guys?" I said hesitantly.

I froze. My vision began to become foggy. Smoke bellowed out of the room in front of me. A scream exits my mouth. Fiames danced in front of me like a wave coming into the ocean. I backed up to the door, smoke beginning to cloud and weaken my vision.

I cough violently as I struggled to get the door opened. The fire danced towards me in memorizing sparkles and colors.

My knees gave out and I fell against the side of the door, helpless. "Help!" I croak. As the flames came closer, a figure came out of the orange-red horror. The figure bent down and looked at me at eye-level.

"You're going to be ok." The figure whispered as I felt arms under legs and back. They picked me up like I weighted nothing. Coughs violently spasms through my body as I watched my vision grow darker and darker. Then, there was nothing at all.

********

Beep. Beep. Beep.

A strange noise filled my head repeatedly as my eyes slowly opened. I was in a bed in a small white room. A black T.V was on the all in front of me. I tilted my head to my mother sitting next to me, holding my hand. Her head lifted as she felt movements within my hands.