Chapter 32

When I woke up, I was in a moving car. It didn't strike me until I felt my body move on his own. As I lifted my head up, Lucas was staring down at me. I had used his lap as a pillow.

"Hey." He said softly.

I smiled at him as I sat up, leaning against the seat. "Hey." I repeated back. I yawned as we got back home. "What happened?"

"The Inferno let us go. Ceaser wanted The Chosen One gone. You know him, Lucas?" He sighed. "Ceasers wanted you alive, although he hates humans." Gavin answered.

So much for sugar coating it.

"Oh, great. I can add that to my list." Lucas chuckled alittle but helped me out of the car.

"Don't worry. " Lucas added, walking me to the door step. "He won't be around. I'll make sure of it." I knocked on the door, blushing.

"Ok." He kissed me as Sam answered, gasping happily.

"You two are going out!" She squealed, letting Lucas and I in. Lucas held my hand the entire time.

"Yes, surprise!" Lucas said quite happily.

Sam hugged me. "Now, shoo. I want Ellie to myself!" I giggled as Lucas gave me one last kiss before leaving. "So, what movie did you see?"

I froze, until to come up with a movie title. "Frozen. At Lucas' house."

Her eyes widened. "I wish I was with you!"

We walked to the kitchen, sitting on the chair. "It was a date night." Sam got me a can of ginger ale before sitting opposite to me. 

"Aww! You should have invited me though." She crossed her arms over her chest before frowning. 

A smile went wide on my face. "He asked me out. " Her smile got bigger, wider. "And I said yes." 

She jumped out of her chair in excitement. "We should get together with Ethan and Collin!" She spat out, putting her hands on her hips. She did look intimating, with her black her and her suttle brown eyes. 

I sighed. "You said about the double date thing and school starts soon. Everything we need is in our lockers and-." She cut me off. 

"Is that a yes?" 

"No." I stood up, arching my head to spot the kitchen clock. It was 10pm and I had gotten more tired when the night arrived. By habit? I didn't think so. Just the thought of the thick like mummy tattoo's wrapping around my body was scary. It was worse to think I was still possessed. Which, I still didn't get an answer yet. 

She frowned. "I can set you up with Derrick?" She pulled out her phone and showed me his phone number and his picture. His once brown features of his eyes and hair were gone. Now the only thing was left the Darkness to tie everything all together. 

"No." I said bitterly. "No." I corrected myself nicer. It was the first time since The Darkness had claimed me that I felt, rude. 

And it felt good. 

Before she could answer, I fast walked my way upstairs. Emotions were stirring inside of me like a melting pot. My brain was like frying as I collapsed to my knees and the obvious happened. My once pale skin now had tattoo's circling around my skin. 

I gasped in pure fear, lifting up my stomach seeing it had crossed it but hadn't made it my legs. I ran to the bathroom and stared into my eyes. Oh my eyes. 

The once green eyes had changed to the color of charcoal. 

"No." I whispered. "What do you want from me!" Out of the corner of the mirror, Derrick appeared behind me, his hand touching the tattoo that wrapped around my wrist.