Chapter 5

Sam was quiet on the drive home from her house. Not even mom spoke a word to us. My gaze was out the window, watching the street and houses go by.

Within minutes, we are back to my house. A light blue house sits smally infront of us. My house was a 2 story house along with a basement. Mom always grew roses and garlic in our garden but nothing else. She had always had this idea that vampires would pop up in the night and the garlic would make them sick and fled.

Sometimes, she was just strange.

As you entered my house, the setting was the same as Sam's Living room in front with stairs on the side. And around the kitchen and dining room. Dream catchers held onto the wall as well voodoo dolls and very spiritual things such as crosses. My own house even creeped me out.

I showed Sam to her room, which was next to mine. It had a bed in the corner with a closet opposite to it with a window next to the bed with a dresser.

She smiled warmly. "Thanks L. I can count on you..." She looks down at her things. "Can you help me unpack?"

I nod eagerly taking the suitcase full of her clothes. I set her clothes on the bed and then one by one I hung up while Sam was busying her bras, underwear and socks away in the dresser drawers. She smiled at me when she looked over her shoulder to me.

Once I was finished, I put the two suitcases on the top shelf of her closet and I was taller than I thought.

I turn around watching Sam start to put together her room. "Need help with the bed?" I asked knowing there was no blanket and sheets on the bed.

She nodded , taking out her pink and blue sheets and blanket. We spread out the sheets and tucked them in the bed before covering it with her blue comforter and pink sheets. Her pillows were both blue as I set them on the one end of the bed.

"Voila...I'd say we're done!" I annouced looking around the newly filled room.

My stomach growled in hunger and Sam's responded in an answer.

"Let's get something to eat. I think my mom is making your favorite meal!" Sam squealed in excitement.

"Pizza?"

"Pizza." I confirmed with a wide smile on my lips.

She grabbed my hand practically yanking my arm out of my socket. We raced downstairs as mom pulled the plain cheese pizza out of the oven. The smell of hot baked cheese and crust hit my nose in a flash and my stomach grumbled with the smell.

"Take your seat." My mom said as she placed the pizza, steaming hot and in slices in front of us.

"You may have the first slice. " I offered as I heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get it." Sam looks at me pleadingly. "You can eat." Her smile turn wide as she takes her first bite.

I made my way to the door and opened it expecting it to be Collin but instead it was Lucas.

"Hi." He said awkwardly.

"Hey, what's up?" I leaned against the door frame, seeing his hazel eyes glimmer in the moonlight.

"I heard about the funeral...and I didn't give my regards to Sam. " he said solemnly.

I nodded in respect.

"And I saw you the funeral. Are you ok?" He asked suddenly concerned.

I blinked for a second and then looked at him, hoping he didn't see what I did. "Yea, I was fine...just nervous." I fidget with my ring on my index finger which was shaped as a cobweb. Mom insisted it was for protection.