Chapter 11

I woke with a violent jolt, sweat soaked into my shirt as I glanced at the clock. Today was finally Saturday and training day. I couldn't wait to get on it. The letters on my clock read 10am

After my dream last night, I needed to stay alive, no matter what the prophecy had said. I just couldn't die! What about Lucas? Ethan? Sam? Mom?

Mom. I thought quickly as I looked to my dresser to find the card and other note card sitting there. I gasped quietly. She was here. At 7am. That wasn't a dream.

My stomach does a twirl and my heart pounds like a drum.

I bolt out of bed and race to my moms room finding her fast asleep, her chest moving. She was alive.

I quietly went back to my room, checking on Sam. She hated waking up early. I assumed she would sleep til twelve if she had too.

I slipped back into my room and pulled on yoga pants and a plain shirt to train in with Lucas. I wouldn't want to put this off. Not anymore. I texted Lucas that I would go to his house in 5.

I left a note for mom and Sam saying I went to Lucas's house, but not saying why. I got my keys and lft, walking to Lucas's house two house down exacatly.

"Knock knock!" I said knocking on the door. Lucas answered in a bare chest and shorts, his honey-brown hair messy and wet. Almost like he just took a shower.

"You ready?" He asked, stepping outside of his door and near me. "Bye dad!" He called back. He held a small bag in his hands.

We walked to the closest park. and he started to stretch, so I followed his lead. "So, what are we starting with?"

He put down his leg from the flamingo before looking at me. He then went over and helped me stretch like a gymnastic coach. "Basic punches and running. You have to have good endurance before move any further." He said letting go of my arm. "Lets start with running."

He took off right on cue and I bolted to follow him. We ran for what seemed like hours, but it was a mere half an hour around the circle of the neighborhood. My lungs screamed of air and breathing was fast. Lucas stopped at a nearby bench in the park, waiting for me. When I sat down, I felt better as I tried to regain my breath. He handed me a bottle of water before standing up in front of me.

"Believe it or not but we just did half a mile." He said, his chest heaving up and down, but no sign of tiredness or cramps.

I tilted my head alitte as I watched him. He noticed.

"Ellie? Why are you staring?" Caught.

"Aren't you tired?"

He shook his head, dismissing it quickly. "Nope." He popped the'p' before getting in a fighting stance. "I took track at Kingston High School and we won championships. " He said with a smile.

Go figure.

He punched the air several times before his attention came back to me. "Now , you try." I stood back up after chugging half the water, getting into the stance. Lucas came around me, and helped moved my feet to the correct position and then his hands were gently on my wrist, guiding me the right way.

"When you punch your opponent." He said in a low voice," Make power come from your hips and the ground. That will cause more damage then no power at all."

I nodded as he helped me swing my punch into the invisible opponent. He soon let go, his fingers lingering at my skin. He watched me, and still stayed close. "Good! Good, Ellie!"

I stopped to catch my breath as he handed me a water bottle once again. "Thanks...you seem to know what you are doing."

He chuckled as he glanced at me. "Oh, its nothing." He came once more over to me, his hands over my wrist once more. "Lets do one more and then we'll meet tomorrow." His hand guided me around my body like a shield.