Chapter 25

The indoor pool was packed with Seniors. The Geeks, the popular, the bad boys you name it! Sam I picked a spot for ourselves away from the groups and towards the end of the deep end. Not many were here except the athletes that once in a while did I weird dive.

As we took our seat, I searched for Lucas and found him in the crowd. I quickly texted him.

Me: Stay hidden. Sam didn't want anyone boy here with us. Guess what? The wedding changed.

Lucas: What!? When?Nah, I'm fine. I'm hanging out with the athletes. They are jealous of my running record. Oh, yea!

Me: Thanksgiving...Awesome. Now Sam wants me to stop texting.

I put the phone away in my bag before looking at her. She didn't want to go swimming as soon as we got there. She wanted us to talk first.

"So, how everything with Lucas?" She asked, putting her black hair in a ponytail.

"Great. We are like two peas in a pod!" She grinned.

"Awww! You two like each other..." She commented.

I chuckle. "I guess you could say that." I could feel a blush creep onto my cheek.

"Well, Ethan and Collin miss you....they think your ignoring them only because you talk to Lucas."

I sighed, realizing it had come to this point. "Ethan. I haven't talked to him in a while and Collin. That's crazy. Ever since Lucas came to the school, he's been jealous of his power."

She shrugged. "Well, whatever it is he wants to talk to you."

Basically kill me, I thought trying to think happy thoughts. My eyes scanned the pool area and Collin was nowhere to be found. As I looked over to Lucas, he gave me a smile before talking to his friends. I was very glad he had made more friends than just Sam and I. "I don't really care." I told her, sitting up in the pool chair.

She sat up too, looking at me. "I'm sorry...I just wish it was old times again."

I nodded. "So do I, but Lucas is a really good guy. " he saved me more then two times.

With a smile, she got and took of her shorts and shirt, exposing her green frilly bikini. "Let's go in. No one is in now."

I knew I couldn't back out so I stood up and took of my clothes to expose my bikini. A bandeau with blue bottoms.

Sam grinned childishly as we faced the pool. The deep end. In truth, we were really great swimmers. We had taken lessons and got our lifeguard certificate together. I looked at the deep blue water and watched as Sam gracefully dived in next to me. Her head popped in seconds, giggling.

"Come on in! The water is fine!" She said, splashing me with water.

My gaze went to the lifeguard, seeing that one was on the huge chair looking down from above. I sighed, knowing that I would be safe. Hopefully.

I jumped in the pool with a cannonball, going down to the bottom quickly and effortlessly touching the bottom. When I opened my eyes, I saw Collin, hidiing underneath the darkness of the water. His hand was curled around ankle. Water began to fill my lungs as I tried to yank Collin off of my foot.

By the looks of his eyes, they were as dark as the deep water. A smile was cracked on his face as he kept pulling me under, so that I touched the hard floor of the pool. I looked up to see the light of the sun come into the pool. The world seem to go silent as I watched Collin move up my body and to my waist. His arms were like steel bands around me.

"You're going to die." He whispered, under affected by the water. His free hand not holding my waist went up to my head and pushed me down.

The blue crisp water became a dark bloody place. The voice hissed loudly in my ears.