Chapter 4

Ethan soon came and hugged us both tightly. "Sam. "He whispered as she sobbed into his chest.

I froze, watching and waiting for the cops to arrive, but the neighborhood was silent. It was the gunshot was nothing and no one was dead.

But someone was.

Ethan had his hand comfoting on Sam's back when he looked at me. "What happened?"

I shook my head, unable to speak. My hands curled up into the grass, my body shivering from what I just saw. "I dont know." I gasped out.

The world seemed still around me, as my eyes searched for Sam's dad, but he was no where to be found. It was like he dissappered in thin air.

Ethan pulled out his cell phone. "Im calling the police." And he did.

Sirens filled the silence as police cars arrived as did fire trucks. The police kneeled infront of us and asked what had happened. I managed to get a little out, but not too much. I was still too shocked by what had happened.

"Let's get you home." One police said softly as he pressed a hand to my back. My legs shook as he helped me to the car in the front. I watched as the they brought the black body bag to the Corner's truck. The echoes of Sam's sobs filled the silence.

The drive home was silent with the police officer. He had told my mom what happened. Mom swamped me with hugs and brought me to the couch. Tears welled into my eyes and I broke down. "Shh." She whispered. "The inferno will watch over you."

My eyes widened my tears as 'inferno' echoed in my head. It still didn't make sense. Mom kissed my forehead as she turned on the tv looking for a relaxing channel, but it was news.

"This is a sad day for Trista. Amanda Winchester has been killed. Authority's say that She came out after the end of the night bash with Sam, her daughter and Ellie Franklin, Sam's friend. " Mia Thompson reported. Her blonde hair had been straighten to her shoulder and her face was all sadness.

"The funeral will be held tomorrow. But, not only that school has ended. With a week left, this mysterious death has sadden this town. Back to you, Mike."

Mom then turned off the tv and put her hand on my knee. "I'll make us some tea." She left and went to the kitchen.

I sat in silence staring at the blank, dark tv screen.

"Ellie." A voice said. "Ellie!"

I glanced around the room, hear the tap and clanks of the mugs being put down from the cupboard.

"Who's there!?" I hissed quietly.

"I am always with you, Ellie." The voice once again responded.

"Why do you keep following me?" I moved a strain of my brown hair behind my ear.

"You shall see tomorrow at the funeral. I'll be waiting."

I nodded as my mom came back in with steaming cups of tea. The faint smell of tea leaves swirled around me.

"Did you say something?" My mother asked as she handed me a mug. I quickly sipped, the hot not bothering me.

"No." I answered quickly dismissing it.

I watched as she sipped her tea, looking at me worried.

After sitting in silence, I stood up and yawned. "Mom...I'm going to go to bed." I said shakily. My legs wobbled as I made my way up the stairs. My body trembled with the death I had just seen. It overwhelmed me.

I stalked up the stairs and landed flat on my bed, dead to the world.

I crawled into my bed, not bothering to change my clothes. And before I knew it, I was out like a light.