Chapter 9

Morning came quickly, as bright lights enters the curtains of the hotel room. I groaned as I opened my eyes. Lucas had gotten up and was changing his shirt. I could see his bare muscular back. I glanced my head to the clock that set in front of the lamp. Red numbers lit. It was 8am. So much for sleeping in.

He turned around at that moment, seeing I had woken up. He came towards me, pulling a blue shirt over his head. His chest was flat and muscular, just like his body. He took my hand as he came to my side, near the dresser.

"Good morning." He said softly. I kept my glaze to his crisp bright blue eyes.

"Morning." I whispered as I slowly push myself to a sitting position. Our faces were inches away.

"How are you feeling? I didn't think you would be up this early. "

I shrugged. "I guess I went to bed early...maybe too early." The last time I looked at the clock was 7pm.

"You were out by 7: 30 pm. I think you have gotten enough sleep." He joked, walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I got out of bed. My legs felt stiff like pretzels.

"Breakfast." He said over his shoulder and then stopped when he saw me out of bed, he frowned alittle.

"I want to come. I'm fine." I pleaded like a child wanting candy.

He sighed, briefly hung his head then extended his arm. "Fine. Just change out of yesterday's clothes."

I gave him a look, and he smirked. "Yes, mom."

I trudged back to my suitcase picking out my shorts and a shirt. With Lucas still smirking, I made my way to the bathroom and quickly changed also brushing my teeth as well. My hair was another story. I was never fancy, so I used my brush and quickly went through it into a braid that sat on my shoulder.

I walked out, seeing Lucas' expression change to a smile. "Let's go." He said invitingly. I grabbed my key and phone before walking out with Lucas.

Our journey was a minute walk to the elevator and a five second ride to the bottom floor.

Once we stepped out, I smelled breakfast in my nose. We found a table near the window, facing a tv. "Alright , breakfast is it." Lucas declared. He went straight for the hot breakfast of eggs, sausage and half a plain bagel with an addition of home fries. His plate was filled.

I, on the other hand made a quick waffle and brought the little packages of butter and syrup to the table as Lucas began to eat. "Want something to drink?"

He nodded. "Just hot chocolate, Ellie. " he went back to his food and I held back a giggle.

I found the hot drinks and made two hot chocolates for both of us and then sat it down in front of us. I finally sat down, inhaling the sweet smell of my buttery, maple waffle.

I ate it quickly, and I finished before Lucas who A. Started before me and B. I was starving.

Lucas stopped eating, his pile of eggs and two sausages gone. He started to dress his bagel with butter. "You're very hungry, Ellie." He observed his eyebrows raised.

I took a sip of my hot chocolate, feeling the hot water traveling down my throat. I put the cup down. "I just feel really good..."

He smiled, pushing his plate in front of me. His plate was clean. "Well, that's good. " he got up and threw both of our empty plates away before sitting back down across of me.

"I know that last night we didn't get to talk." He paused"..because of what happened." He ended hesitantly.

I sighed, sipping my hot chocolate again. "Yea, we didn't. " I agreed. He smiled.