Chapter 26

As soon as Lucas left, I felt the room become oddly cold as a breeze entered the unopened window. Lucas had shut the window before he left and locked it so that I was safe. As I laid in bed, I looked around at the darkness above me and around me. I felt welcoming in a way I couldn't understand.

But the pain was terrible. It was like nails on a chalkboard, making me squirm and scream.

I got out of bed, taking my crutches. I'd use these to my weapons new that I could walk. Thanks to Lucas. Making my way to the sink in the bathroom, I repeatedly splash cool water on my face until I calmed down. Nearby, I found a towel and wipe my face with it, I look into the mirror.

My eyes were black.

Panic fills inside of me as I look at the blacks of my eyes. They were as dark as night. A shrill scream escapes my throat and Sam comes running in.

"What are you doing up, Ellie?"

I looked at her with my eyes, seeing if she noticed. "I couldn't sleep." She came closer and helped me out of the room before turning off the light.

"Get back to bed. Your mother will freak if you're up. " She told me as we made it back to my room. She took the crutches off of me and laid them on the floor besides my bed.

"Sam, you don't see my eyes?" I asked her out of insane thoughts.

She tilited her head and gave me a look. "They're just plain green as always. " She told me as I laid back in bed. "Ill see you in the morning. Goodnight!" She closed my door, leaving me back in the consuming darkness.

**************

The once barren filled with fiery flowers were now gone as I found myself in the dreamworld.

"Hello?" I called out as I walked on the dry, cracked ground below my feet.

Dark mist flowed out of the cave as I approached it. There stood a cloaked figure, with his arms folded over his chest. When it saw me, it raised his head up and said something softly.

The dream faded.

***************

When I woke up, which was in the middle of the night I found myself not tired anymore and dreading sleep. That's when I got out of bed and got dressed, feeling a faint pull inside of me.

I changed to jeans and a long sleeve shirt knowing that the night was always the coolest. With a pounding heart, I ran down the stairs without my crutches and to the car. Something inside of me drew me somewhere.

I climbed in the car and started it without hesitation. The once faint pull became stronger as I approached a cemetery near the church. I parked near the cemetery as the pull began greater.

As if in a trance, I went freely and willingly. My phone buzzed in my jean pocket but I ignored it over the buzz beginning in my ears.

That's when the pull abruptly severed. I dropped to my knees like an anchor in the ocean. When lifted my head to see the grave I had collapsed in front of.

James Franklin, it said.

I gasped as I felt the engraved letters of his name. A violent shiver ran through me.

"Dad?" Tears flowed down my cheek and into the dewed grass below.

"Yes, honey." The voice returned. Dad appeared out of the grave, his body translucent. His hair was brown and messy and his eyes were hazel. His hazel eyes were a contrast between brown and green that lit in perfect harmony. His body was physically fit, even dead he looked great as if he was alive again.