Chapter 18

I awoke in the dreamscape sometime later in the night. The cave sat in the distance and the fiery flowers lot up the field in a colorful wave of orange-red dancing flames.

Sitting in the cave was Ryder/Lucas. I made my way over to him, the flowers tingling every time I passed them. As I sat near him, he finally took off his mask and showed me his face. This was Lucas. His blue eyes glittered at me mysteriously, watching me with hunger and curiously. Only then did I realize when he activated his demon, they became this beautiful color of silvery-gold.

"Good evening." I tell him softly, leaning against him.

He smiled, his hand holding mine in a comforting grasp. "Good evening to you too." He returned back, watching the fiery flowers blow in different directions.

I smile back at him. "How's your leg?"

"Doing better. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you came to get me. Being a demon hunter is hard..."

I sighed. "Tell me about it. I couldn't even aim the stake directly in his heart! I managed to get it stuck in the wall in the alley!"

He chuckled, as stars began to twinkle above us and the moon hung high in the sky. "You know, the sky is beautiful." He said, his hands tracing the stars' patterns.

"It really is."

He leaned back so that we had both our backs pressed against the grass, staring up at the dreamscape sky. "Ellie, your beautiful."

A blush crept up my cheeks as wamrth spread throughout me. I hid my hands over my rosy cheeks and Lucas laughed. "Thank you." I finally answered back, regaining the will to talk.

He squeezed my hand, his eyes locked with mine. This may have been a dream, but it couldn't have been more perfect. Lucas started to lean into my lips before he began to fade into darkness and I was moved somewhere else.

We almost kissed, I thought happily. The scene changed fast as I was thrusted in a room with two people. I found myself staring at a man and a demon, the demon that happened to be Dr. Kevin. I gasp watching them.

"How dare you steal Miranda from me!" He seethed, holding out a gun. "I know who you are, James. You are one bad ass in the town of Trista. I've certain you caused some deaths."

James was taken aback. "Not anymore deaths than you, Kevin! You can't perform weird experiments on the demons! They'll come after us and make them one of their own!" He tried to convince Kevin.

Kevin scoffed, cocking the gun. "Well, that's a little late for that now." His eyes became the darkest black ever seen as James stared into his eyes. He knew he could manage to fight away the trance for long period of times, but now he wasn't so sure.

"You've become a demon! What will Miranda say when she finds out! You are going to get hunted like a dog. "

Kevin chuckled, amused by his words. These meaningless words didn't faze him. He knew the conquenes. "Like I care. I will be the one who's with her."

James had one more thing up his sleeve, before he could see his certain death. "She's pregnant with my child. The academy won't allow her to stay, so I will be marrying her at sundown tomorrow then convince the headmaster. Who's to say our child won't grow up and become a demon hunter?"

Kevin found himself in a sudden happy state. As he glared daggers at James, he began to press onto the barrel of the gun. "I'll make sure of it. And that child won't live to see her graduation. And maybe, ill seduce her so that maybe, I can have a child of my own taking."