Chapter 7

After explaining myself to him, Lucas looked frazzled. He sat up in the bed as I sipped some coffee, leaning against the wall.

"So, your telling me that Sam is dating a guy you don't even know?" He asked.

I nodded. "Oh yea. Don't get me started on his guy friends. " A shudder runs through me as I remembered when they touched me near my shoulders. Gross!

Lucas sighs. "How about if she doesn't come back in the morning, we'll search for her. Ok?" His warm hands clasps mine in a comforting hold.

I glanced at my phone and then nodded. "ok." I whisper and then looked to the door.

"Want Ethan and I to stay with you? I hate seeing you alone like this." He says quietly, his hand massaging mine.

What could I say? He was here and seeing how 'He' is after me, I figured why not. "Yes, please." My voice comes out as a croak. I did in fact feel unsafe.

Lucas stands up, running a hand through his honey brown hair. " All get Ethan and ill be back." He gives warm smile before exiting the room.

My heart pounded with nervousness. Never did a guy stay with me before. Yes, Ethan did, but that was different. In these past weeks, Lucas has given me the signs that he likes me, but I didn't know what to do or say.

In minutes, Ethan and Lucas came through the door with a pillow and there suitcases. Both of the set it down near the door before locking it.

Ethan came to me first, hugging me into his chest like he hasn't saw me in a million years. I hugged him back, unable to contain my joy. Besides, I hadn't saw him since the funeral, though I thought the hug was more loneliness.

We both pulled back to see Lucas staring at us awkwardly and I blush.

"Its good to see you, Ethan." I told him.

"Its good to see you too, Ellie." He responded before heading into the bathroom. I could hear the shower running.

My gaze travelled back to Lucas, who raised his eyebrows, but then sat next to me on the bed. He gentle nudges me in the ribs, his face filled with concern. "Don't worry, we'll find her." He reassures me, taking a stray hair and tucking it back behind my ear.

I shivered, knowing that they would try to find her. And I wasn't being crazy. "Ok. I know we can." My hand goes on top of his and I lean into his chest, while his hand moves soothingly up and down my back.

"Lucas?"

"Hmm."

"I've been going crazy lately...." I told him quietly.

He looks down at me, his honey brown hair covering his eyes. With his free hand, he smooths it back up. "Why is that, Ellie?"

I keep my head resting against his chest, letting his warmth stress-free my body. "I've been having nightmares...And...I'm scared." I finally admitted, balling my fist into his shirt. He leans down, his head on the soft pillow, while I use his chest for mine.

"Where are you in the dreams?" He asked, his hands stroking my hair. I could have fallen asleep that way.

My mind turned in many directions, but I didn't know what to say. "I-I." I stutter before looking at him. "I don't remember. "

Lucas accepted the lie, thankfully, but I tried the drop the topic.

"That's ok. I have dreams like that sometimes. " Just then, Ethan comes out with boxers and his bare chest and his hair all wet.

I had to look away as I tried to keep from blushing. "You know, you could put on more clothes!" I suggested.

Lucas giggled as Ethan made his way to the other bed, casually pulling the covers over himself before laying down. "Your lucky I don't sleep naked." He joked before laughing. "And too bad dude. You just got the floor."