Chapter 3

Some 40 minutes later, my mom had arrived and picked me up from school. one of the janitors had found my blue messenger bag and my textbooks and brought them to the main office, but we got it as we walked out together.

Mom ordered me to bed around 9:35am as she set my bag and textbooks down on the table. I didn't argue. It was hard to keep my eyes open.

I quickly changed my clothes to my Homecoming tee from the beginning of the year and my plaid pj bottoms. Within seconds, I crawled into bed and was out like a light.

*********

I wasn't in my bedroom anymore but outside in a valley. Flowers bloomed around me into beautiful, exotic colors. Blue, Purple, White, Gold and Yellow casted in my vision.

No longer was I in my pajamas, I was wearing a blue gown that contrasted with the different colors of the flowers around me. This world was so beautiful..and peaceful.

I slowly bend down and pick up one of the flowers, but then gasp at the feeling of heat surrounding it was. It felt like fire on my bare skin. I jerked my hand away from it and felt the heat rise around me. It was like I stood in the middle of a volcano. The wind picked up and swirled the leaves around.

I stand up and look around as flames appear around me, wrapping me like a cocoon. A scream exited my throat as the flames come near and near to my bare skin.

********

I screamed myself awake to my mother looking down at me. "I was just about to wake you up for dinner. It's almost five."

I rub my temples as I saw the clock blink to 5:00. I regathered myself and felt my head. I didn't feel any blood at all. Strange , I thought as I got out of bed and went downstairs.

As I made my way down the stairs, I see Sam talking to my mom. "Hey." She smiles. "I brought you work."

I smile happily as she gives me a folder full of it all. "Thanks."

My mom claps her hands together. "Well...Ill get dinner ready." And with that, she leaves us alone. She trusted Sam, at least.

We sat down on the blue couch in the room , facing our medium flat screen TV. Pictures of mom and I throughout the year painted the living. It just gave me nostalgia. Sam sits down besides me.

"You know the new kid?"

I nod. "Yea...His name is Lucas."

"Well, he almost got in a fight with Collin today. And he almost won too. He stood up for you."

My eyes widen as fear tightens my chest. "You have got to be kidding me."

She takes out her phone and finds the video of them fighting. Lucas confronted Collin and he threw the first hit, but was blocked by Lucas. They fought like it was a dance routine and I couldn't help but laugh. "I should have been there." I say sadly.

She puts her hand on top of mine. "I know your mom doesn't trust Collin and Ethan but what about Lucas? I'm sure she would LOVE him."

Heat blooms in my cheeks as I giggle. "I hardly know him. We just met yesterday in the hospital. "

She raises her eyebrows, not believing what I said. "He fricken cares about you. "

"Yea and that's why I hardly know him."

"Dinners ready!" Mom calls and I frown.

"Ok, ill see you tomorrow then."

Once she leaves, I eat dinner in silence. My night comes to a close as homework keeps me up to 11. And before I know it, I'm fast asleep on the couch downstairs.