Chapter 28

Lucas held me close as I cried into his shirt. I couldn't believe I was crying at a time like this. It struck me that dad was right. I was special in some way, and that I would change the world.

He looked at the seniors walking by before talking to me. "Hey, hey." He whispered calmly. "We are together and your still alive. I want to keep that as long as possible." He reassured me as he it me go so that I could see his face.

He was right. " Yea, I know. " He wiped away my tears before standing up and taking my hand.

"Let's play some games. Maybe that will get your mind off of everything."

He tugged my hand and brought me to a tent where bottle where stacked up at threes, facing you. He grinned as he handed the money to the man. He didn't not look very happy ether as he put the balls in front of Lucas. "I guess so." I finally answered him as I took a ball in my hand. It was some sort of a whiffle ball.

I aimed the ball at the stack in the middle and missed. Something was bothering my head. I had to ignore it. Lucas took the second ball and swung it at the middle, like I had done before. This time, he knocked all of them down. The one on top fell over and hit the stack to the right, which made it topple.

The man widened his eyes as he looked down at the last ball at Lucas. He gave me a quick smile before aiming and throwing the bottle straight in the middle.

"Congrats, you won." The man said to us, not very enthusiastic. He pointed up to the huge stuff animals hanging up above the tent. "Pick one."

Lucas thought for a moment, before telling the guy which one he wanted. "Ill have the blue bear." The man got it down and handed it to him. He gruffed before new people went up to his tent. We walked away from him, but Lucas stopped, handing me the bear. "For you, Ellie. "

I hugged the bear close to me, my cheeks turning a bright red. "Thank you, Lucas. " He grinned as we went to the one across from the angry man. This was a women who was operating water shot game. Water guns were lined up with a clown head sticking out with a mouth with a hole.

I set the bear down next to me as a few other senoirs arrived. I paid the guy for Lucas and I, and insisted that I pay. He accepted it anyway.

"Alright! First one to the top wins!" She pushed a bottom. "Ready! Three, two , one and go!" she announced as water began to shoot out of the guns.

Luacs was ahead, but I pulled the trigger harder and harder until I won. Everyone stopped as the lady handed me the prize. It was a panda bear stuff animal.

I dragged it alone with the blue bar I had gotten from Lucas when I saw Collin, Ethan and Sam run up to me. They squashed me like a bug in a hug.

"What's this?" I asked confused as they all pulled back.

Collin grinned and I knew I immediately I couldn't trust him. Plus, with this game he's playing.

"We want to spend time with you guys!" Collin put an arm around me, pulling me close to him.

Lucas' eyes changed to a light silver into the nearing the darkness. I could just feel the darkness settle on my skin like a fine dust of power. "Sounds...fun." My voice cracked as Collin let me go.

The feeling seem to strength, and crave at the sudden break of his arm. Lucas took my hand and lowered his voice. "Are you ok?"

I nodded, trying not to make him worried. My phone vibrated and I quickly picked it up.

"Mom?"

"Yes, honey. I was wondering if you could over night in Hamilton beach. Dr. Kevin and I want a night alone and your party only goes to midnight. I put overnight bags in your trunk. Have a goodnight!"