Chapter 6

The cold air began to pick up around as me as I stared in the direction of the noise. It was quiet at what I could assume it was one am. The moon hung high in the sky, staying hidden behind the tips of the evergreen trees.

The twig snapped again, and this time, I saw a pair of golden eyes looki into me, as if it was looking at my soul. I gulped in pure fear, watching the figure stand there and not do anything. I had to be hallucinating. I bolted before anything could happen and raced inside of the house. I kept my back to the door as I locked bit I didnt miss the look on my mom's face as I entered the house.

"Where have you gone?" She asked in her serious mother tone.

"I..I.." I paused, my mind going blank. I could still feel the fear vibrating through me. "I needed some fresh air." I walked upstairs, pushing past her and making my way up to my room. My gaze travelled to Sam's room. No movement or sound was heard. With a sigh in relief, I made myself get dressed to pj's and crawl into bed.

My heart pounded like a wild drum as I stared up at the dark celing. My mind swirled around like a blender at what had happened. Though this time, the word once again came up; Avernus Nacrus.

I moved my head to see my clock, it's digital numbers flashing 4:09 am. Moving slowly, I stay on my back as I shifted from my side. My life had just gotten weirder. And in a matter of days too.

Before I knew it, I was off to sleep.

****************

I was back to valley of flowers, this time a cave was in the distance.

Standing up, I felt different. Flowers bloomed around me like I was the sun and the grass looked oddly greener.

When I reached the cave, a guy stood for me, but his face was blocked with black clothes , almost imitating a ninja. He reached his hand to me, wanting me to take it.

"Why?" I asked cautiously. The flowers around the cave; where I just walked, turned into fiery petals and candles.

"Come with me." He said, his voice deep and confident. His black garb made him blend in with the night above.

Hesitantly, I reached for his hand and soon grasped it. His head turned to me and nodded before pulling me deeper into the cave.The cave was endless as was the darkness. My only trust was in his hands.

But then, he stopped. In a sudden movement, he had my back to the cave wall and his hand over my mouth.

"Wake up!" He urged, holding both of my hands close to him. "He's found us." His voice turned a harsh whisper.

I looed up at him, hand trembling with nerves. "W-Who's found us?" I scanned the cave, only to find the darkness surrounding us.

He squeezed both of my hands, before kissing my forehead. A soft, promising kiss. as he pulled away, he took out a metal bracelet and slipped it on my right hand. "This will keep you safe..." His voice turned more urgent. "Go!"

**********************

I woke up with a jolt as the morning light came through the blinds of my window. I feel my heart, not calm but beating fast. I take a quick glance at the clock: 12:00pm. With a sigh, I crawl out of bed and then I notice my wrist.

The bracelet.

It sat tightly on my wrist. It was merely gold bracelet but it was from my dream.... I stopped and turned around before touching my doorknob.

I couldn't tell anyone.

Not Sam.

Not Lucas.