Chapter 21

My lunch was ruined and my appetite. Dr. Kevin seem to stare deep into my soul and that made me get creeped out even more.

In my calm yet, anxious state I acted as if he was Lucas. Maybe that would calm my nervous ever so much.

The only different was Dr. Kevin was a bad demon while Lucas was a good one. It came to my attention that I had to be careful around moms sudden fiancé and being a demon for this hellish world could in fact cost me my life.

After silence between us, and looking awkwardly down the menu, our waitress came back with an order pad.

"What can I get you guys?" She smiled; brushing her hair over her shoulder. This let me to see her name tag: Peggy  .

Dr. Kevin thought for a moment before closing his menu and handing it to her. "I'll have the lemon roasted chicken with a small house salad." Peggy took the menu back and looked to me.

"And you, dear?"

Food didn't exactly seem great right now, but I forced myself to order. "I'll have the creamy macaroni and cheese with the fruit salad. " She took my menu and smiled.

"Alright!" And she walked off into the kitchen.

"Listen, Ellie. I don't want you to be afraid of me. I'm a doctor and please, call me Kevin. Unless I'm at work, the doctor title is needed." He said sweetly, a creepy smile playing on his lips.

I give a crooked smile to him but went right to the point. "Why have you been taking my blood? And Sam's?" And why were you in my dream, pervert! I wanted to yell.

He chuckled, stretching his arms out in front of him. "I'm making sure you don't have sickle cell disease."

I raised an eyebrow. "That's an awful excuse, Kevin." I spat out, no longer caring about formalities.

"Ellie, your too young to understand the doctor world. " he causally sipped his coke.

I pointed to my upper arm whee his fabulous needle got me a night ago. "Then what's this?"

He smirked. "Temporary for a growing girl." He said flattered, setting the drink down on the coaster.

I sighed. I had to keep cool and not make him kill me before I ever reach home!, I thought sadly. My gaze went to the window to see Lucas and Gave were finally in and at the front, talking to an employee.

Somewhere inside of me, my body felt relaxed. Well, taking away from my poising heart. I went back to Kevin.

"So, how are you?"

Calm Ellie, Calm, I told myself sternly. "17 going to be 18 this October."

"What day?"

"31.On Halloween." Why did I tell him that!?

"Oh." He sounded impressed. "Are you excited for senior year? It must feel great getting school over with."

I put on the best smile I could, replacing the words in my head. This is his meaning of those words: I'm going to kill you before your birthday! You excited? "Y-yea...I hear it's going to be a blast."

"School starts in 30 days. Plus, Sam will get out of that wheelchair in a week. She has something to look forward to." I don't. It was now and official the beginning of August. School looked quite bleak for me.

"Yeah, I bet so...she's been stuck in it for a while now. Shes going nuts."

He chuckled, sipping his drink again. "So, Ellie. As my almost step daughter, what do you like to do?"