Chapter 14

I sprinted back the to car, fast as ever. My heart pounded fast and I willed my body to stay strong.

I remembered back when I was the chosen one. Oh god. To die!? I took deep breaths before meting Lucas and Ethan at the car. They both gave me equally strange looks.

"I dropped my keys, ok!" I snapped at them, opening my car. Luacs took driver seat because technically, my glass cut arms weren't good enough to drive in. Ethan took a ride with us and the passenger seat. I took the back seat and stared at the window as we pulled out of the hospital. Dr.Kevin was headed back inside.

Someone was out to kill me.

It took me until after Ethan was dropped off, that I was home. Lucas came around and opened the car door, looking at me. "You ok?"

I corrected my slump posture before heading out of the car and into the house, opening it with my house key. "Fine. Just worried about Sam."

I dropped on the couch as Lucas took a causal place besides me. He sighed.

"Look, I know last night, that was a lot to process but I'm open to any questions. "

"You're an open book?"

"Open as ever."

I thought for a moment before asking. "When we were in the hotel and you said you saw it too, was that true?"

"Yes. As a demon hunter, we are complex ghost whisperers. "

"Is your dad one?"

He shook his head. "No. He's just normal." He shrugged. "Nothing special."

I nodded. In my mind, I felt like there was more to ask, but I held back. What if Lucas was just telling me this? What if he was out to kill me?, I thought but pushed aside.

That's when I remembered my sketchbook drawings hidden within my drawers. Lucas looked at me before I darted up the stairs and closed my door to my room. I took a long good look, staring at each and every deatil. What Lucas was talking about didn't fit. I groan quietly, leaning on my bed frame.

This still was too much.

I went back to the sketches, that were perfectly detailed. That was scary. Not to mention, I was a target. A target of...I don't know!

Lucas knocked on the door. "You ok, Ellie?"

I looked at the door distantly before opening it for him. He didn't say anything.

He didn't need to.

His arms wrapped around mine in a tight, safe embrace. "Ellie," he whispered. His voice was like an angel's. "Tell me what you know."

I fell head over heels for him that instant;I crumbled like a brick wall. We sat together, his hands enlocked with mine. My body shook with violent shudders as my world seem to crash down.

My mind spun with questions. Thinking if I could trust him or not.

I could.

My mind reeled at the fact that someone was out to kill me. The way Lucas had protected me from a psycho demon.

He was a demon hunter.

But he felt more.

He protected me against Collin and saved me with his hunter skills.

Lucas looked at me, his strong arms wrapped around my waist. He was meant to protect.

"Someone has been visiting me in my dream," I started hesitantly. His name is Ryder.....and he killed or should I say expelled Tau and Omarr!" I stopped and took a deep breath. "He saved me from death."