Chapter 23

A week pasted by after that night with Lucas. And I couldn't forget that night ether. When I went home, I felt a longing for his touch and the rise and fall of his chest. It felt lonely. 

Today, Sam was getting out of her wheelchair and that meant, we all had to go to the hospital. To see Dr. Kevin. Oh, hell! 

As we left the driveway with Sam sitting next to me, My eyes scanned Lucas' house. Gavin's car was gone. At that moment, I got a text from Lucas. 

Lucas: I'm with my dad right now. Apparently the Inferno found a signal in the city. 

I gasped quietly as I entered a text quickly back. 

Me: Demons? The demons after me....

Lucas: We assume so. Ill give you text updates. :) Ill be ok, don't worry. 

A sigh of relief went through me as I read the new text. 

Me: Ok....just be careful. I want you to teach me how to fight some more. ;) 

Lucas: I promise...Ill be back as soon as I can. 

Me: How long? 

Lucas: A couple hours or a day or so. We might have to camp and scavenge for them. You remember how tough they were to fight 

Me: Don't remind me! Just be safe and text me to let me know, you're ok. 

Lucas: I will :) I gtg. We're here. 

I sighed as i pocketed my phone in my coat pocket as we made it to the hospital. Sam had went insane when she saw my new phone. I just told her that Mom got me it because I lost my other one. 

I swear I'm sick of lying. 

As we entered the hospital, I wheeled Sam to the appointment room. Mom came along, looking back at the door waiting fro Dr.Kevin. My eyes wonder to the little needle prick that happened more than a week ago. Lucas said that his father would try to figure out if this was harmful for me and if its really good demonic technology. The little dot of red still pierced my skin like it was an jewel. 

Mom thought it was a pimple, but I knew it had to be something more. It would have healed already, but instead it had gotten worse and redder. 

I sit down, looking at Sam. She had dressed up for this appointment. She had put her black hair in a bun and wore a blue flowly summer dress. Her bandages still had dressed her into a half-mummy. I had gotten mine out a few weeks out. They weren't that bad, thank god. 

Dr. Kevin arrived in the room, smiling holding a clipboard in front of him before putting it to his side. "Hello, Honey." He greeted mom with a kiss on her cheeks before heading over to Sam. 

"Hey, Kevin." Mom said in a sexy low voice. 

Sam smiled as she found Kevin in front of her. "Hello, Sam...How are you feeling?" 

She nodded. "Much better. I want to get out of this wheelchair. " 

He held out his hand, as she took it. "Today's your lucky day." With a grin, he helped her stand up and she stayed up! 

Sam came over and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, feeling relieved. Dr. Kevin watched me amused before pulling Sam away. I watched as he began to poke and prodded around the area's of the bandages before taking them off. "She's fine. And free to go." He declared as he made his way out of the door. Not before kissing mom in a such gross way. 

I gagged before going over to Sam. The first thing she said was, "Lucas. How's your little stalker been?" That was a first. And to be correct, he was my protector, not a stalker.