the letter

Pam's POV

"There's my little princess."

I said with a smile as I picked Ava up from her crib. I carried her to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle from the fridge, and walked into the living room where Sasha was watching TV.

"Good morning cutie."

Sasha said with a smile as Ava looked up at her. I smiled as Ava quickly drank her bottle.

"Someone was hungry."

Sasha said as I laughed.

"She's a pretty big baby. Someone just likes her food."

I said as I walked out to the kitchen and placed the bottle in the sink. I began burping Ava when I heard the doorbell.

"I'll get it."

I said as Sasha took Ava from my arms. When I opened the door, no one was there. But once I looked down, my heart broke.

"Mia?"

I asked as I bent down and picked up the car seat with a note and my sleeping daughter. I walked into the living room and placed Mia down on the couch.

"Who was that?"

Sasha asked as she walked into the living room. That's when she noticed Mia in my arms.

"Did Fergal leave her here?"

Sasha asked, clearly pissed.

"Let me read this letter."

I said as I opened the letter in my hand.

Dear Pam,
I'm sorry it had to come to this. I had a talk with a friend and I've decided that it's best if we just stay friends. I know how much of a bond you and Mia have so I decided to give her to you. You can visit the kids anytime you'd like. Also, I got back with Becky so she's moving into the house. If you, Mia, or Ava ever need anything, you know where to find me. — love, Fergal.

My heart broke as I dropped the letter. He really didn't want me anymore.

"I'm sorry Pam."

Sasha said as she hugged me. All I did was sob into her shoulder. Why didn't Fergal love me anymore?